Honeymoon Discussions

How did you book your honeymoon?

Did you book it through a travel agent? Or somewhere online?
I am just looking into a honeymoon, we are getting married in august. I want to go somewhere with no kids.. because we have one at home, lol.
Some where tropical beachy etc.
I just dont know if i should go through a travel agent or book it my self online.
Iv never worked with a travel agent.. do you make an appointment with them?
Thanks!!

Re: How did you book your honeymoon?

• I've never used a travel agent either. I chose to book online through cheapcaribbean.com. 
  • We booked online.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We booked using Liberty Travel (brick and mortar travel agency) and saved a significant amount.
  • We called the hotel and booked a room.

We bought our flights through expedia.

We brought a travel book, picked places to go, got a cab, and went.
  • We booked everything online.
  • Home was booked through VRBO (Vacation Rentals by Owner).

Flight was booked through Expedia.
  • We used FI's dad's travel agent, who he has a good relationship with.
    Otherwise, though, we probably would have done it all online.
  • We booked our flights online since AAA charges a booking fee.

We booked Sandals through AAA since the package we bought was pretty expensive and we wanted to have a direct contact with someone.  She organized everything that we were planning on doing there and offered advice on trips.  The price was the same as it was online, no additional charge.
    Wedding Planning Bio & For Sale: valeriewalter.weebly.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We booked our HM through the Liberty Travel near our home.  We just walked in.  The agent we worked with was very good, and got us a great rate.  We did look online, but I did not find it to be any cheaper.
    Anniversary Visit The Nest!
  • We used Travelocity.  Part of the fun for DH was planning everything himself.  We did run our deal by my TA at work but she couldn't match it.
  • I used a travel agent! After all the planning I have been doing for our wedding, I wanted planning my honeymoon to be the easiest part! I also wanted to have a direct contact in case we ran into any problems with the resort, flights, delays, etc...She literally did EVERYTHING for us and made it super easy! Most of the time, there is no charge to use a travel agent and they make all their commissions off of the resorts or airlines they use so they aren't charging you extra for anything else. We went with Sandals La Toc in St. Lucia and it was the exact same price online as it was when she booked it. She was also able to recommend things to do and not to do from her own experience as well as those in her company or past guests that she has booked for. I am not sure where you live, but if you live in the NY / NJ area I can give you her contact information.
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker

Travel agent; H was in charge of initial research for HM so he used a TA and then we decided together where we wanted & booked

• erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    We didn't need to book our honeymoon hotel and flights. The one thing we did book was the rental car. H did it through the rental company. All of our trips recently are booked through Priceline. We have not had a problem with them yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Once you decide where you would like to go, I would highly recommend getting the Frommer's guide for that location. It will really help you narrow down the hotels you might like to stay at and has great reviews. We found all of the places we stayed at on our HM in Frommer's and it didn't lie!  We had a great time!
  • We booked with our travel agent, but she is best man's mother, she knew were we wanted to go than watched it until the price dropped and only 4 seats left on flight, than we booked, we got it at least 50% off, she also upgraded us to preferred compliments of herself! Which was very generous :) We have booked with selloffvacations.com and expedia.ca before though, both good experiences. If you know what your looking for it could be easier to book yourself.. if not I would sit down with a TA and go over what FI and you would like on your HM... GL!
    image 220 Are ready to party!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we are going on a cruise with Norwegian and we booked in through one of their representatives
  • mdr619mdr619 member
    First Comment
    I've never used a travel agent before...but figured it was worth a shot.  Boy was I glad I did!!  We got an AMAZING deal!  Roundtrip airfare, 3 nights in Tahiti, 4 nights in Moorea, all transfers and breakfasts included...$5500!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • We went through H's dad's travel agent who was able to get us a really good package at our hotel that included free wi-fi, free breakfast buffet every day, and an upgrade to an oceanview room for the price of a partial ocean view. She really did save us a lot; otherwise, we would have booked online.

I've never had to pay a travel agent.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    travel agent
  • Fi and I travel a lot and neither of us have ever used a travel agent. For our honeymoon we used the direct sites of hotels and airlines because we are both frequent travelers and have many reward points. For instance we upgraded our airfare and got most of our nights in the hotels for free. We also signed up for certain credit cards for this advantage as well.
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • We used bookit.com and I never regretted it. We book the flight, the AI resort, the excursions, and the travel insurance with no problems. 
  • I have never used a travel agent. But I usually use Expedia. I used CostcoTravel this time and got an AMAZING 11day honeymoon in Hawaii including airfare form Newark, NJ for $4600.
  • we just booked our florida keys honeymoon through  http://bookit.com/  we compared prices with travelocity and expedia and such and bookit had the best prices
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We booked with a local travel agent.  She set up our round trip flights, transportation to and from the hotel, 7 night stay, and trip insurance. 
  • I've never used a TA.  I just book everything online by myself.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_how-did-you-book-your-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:e4479971-b370-4bd2-bb7d-9b86dc0f86a4Post:bc3449f4-592e-4be3-9973-90c60740cb18">Re: How did you book your honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never used a TA.  I just book everything online by myself.
    Posted by MMRoberts11[/QUOTE]

Ditto.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards