Retro and Vintage Weddings

90-year-old Wedding Advice

Oh how times have changed!  Here's a blog chronicling articles from 1922 written by Emily Post on the topic of weddings.Some of this sounds like it was written by my mother, who believes herself to be a Victorian.  For example, mother dearest was horrified at the idea of Matt and my wedding taking place in Pennsylvania--the home state of my FI.  I can see why she felt this way after reading the "breaches of etiquette" section.  She's similarly horrified at the idea of my bridesmaids wearing different styles of the same colour and length dress.  Luckily none of this is her decision, but at least I did agree not to have the wedding in PA, as she was deeply upset by this "breach of etiquette".  ;)  She still considers anything south of the border to by FI's family territory, but no matter.  We took her advice to have it outside of PA, as she and my father are putting in the majority of the money towards our wedding.  After that, we're having the wedding where we want it.  :D  Upstate NY it is.  Enough of me.Overall, this is a fun read.  It's really interesting to see which traditions the 2009 bride has decided to hold onto, and which we've tossed aside.  Enjoy![url]http://vintage-wedding-planner.blogspot.com/[/url]
Our Wedding Website
Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: 90-year-old Wedding Advice

• how very interesting!I just read the first page, and it's so amazing to see how things have changed and stayed the same, like you said. I may just peruse this a bit more.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What a fun read!  Thanks for posting that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards