Retro and Vintage Weddings

Something old?

I'm new on here and admit I haven't read every post to every question, but I don't think I've seen this asked... We're all doing "vintage" in some way which to me implies that we all have a lot of "something old" items that we are incorporating into our weddings. My favorite something old actually inspired much of my entire wedding - my great grandmother's Victorian cameo brooch/pendant. I have pictures of her and my grandmother wearing it and it will be attached to my bouquet as well. What are your favorite "something old" items that you are having at your wedding? And/or what inspired you to go vintage?

Re: Something old?

• so far my something old is my baptismal bonnet that will be my handkerchief -i'm thinking if stitching the date into it toomy dress and venue inspired my vintage/country vibe!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not sure about my something old yet. I don't know if my mom will come up with something for my old or borrowed. Actually my e-ring was my grandmother's so I guess technically that counts. I love old things--jewelry, clothes, music. I just love the 20s-40s eras. FI & I both do a lot of theatre so decided on an Old Hollywood theme.  It's just such a classy time.
    Crosswalk
  • I think my something old will be this diamond bracelet of my grandmother's. My sister wore it at her wedding also:) My inspiration to go vintage was vintage-looking birdcages that I have seen around. I love mine that I bought and I think everything will tie in nicely. I also have this thing where I REALLY don't want to end up in the same dress as one of my good friends. And I don't think I will:)
  • I love the 1950s, and I love 50s dresses. So my dress was my something old. I also borrowed a necklace and ring from my mom, which were also older. The ring was also blue in the center..my "something blue."
  • I have my grandmother's cameo as well.  It was actually part of a bracelet with several cameos and my mother, sister, and I are having them made into pendants to wear at the wedding.  I'm super excited to see the final product.  I've always had a love for vintage things and my FI loves modern so when we were discussing ideas we came up with Victorian with a modern twist.  Other than the cameo, I'm totally in love with our ceremony location.  It is a Victorian chapel built in 1888.  For reception centerpieces we've scoured thrift stores and antique shops for an eclectic mix of antigue china, figurines, lace, hankies, and whatever else we were drawn to.
  • My engagement ring was my main inspiration.  It was my mummu's (father's mom) and I absolutely treasure it.  It's from the late 1920's-early 1930's.  Kind of a mix of art deco/art nouveau. 
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards