Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Anyone been to Tahiti/Moorea?

I'm daydreaming about our honeymoon today.  Being in San Diego, it's much closer to go to somewhere fantastic in the Pacific as opposed to the Caribbean.  I've already been to Hawaii so I was looking into French Polynesia...and possibly an all-inclusive place.  I'm just concerned that AI resorts will be way too crowded. 
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Anyone been to Tahiti/Moorea?

• Options
    I've been to French Polynesia five times- Moorea two of those times. There aren't any true AIs there and the three hotels that are semi AIs are 3.5-4 stars at best. They are the MaiTai chains- http://www.hotelmaitai.com/. They are not big hotels, so I would not worry about them being overcrowded. The three MaiTai hotels are on Huahine, Rangiroa, and Bora Bora, so not even on Moorea or Tahiti. If you are looking to go to the islands, you will spend, at minimum, about $1700 per person for 5 nights during low season in a standard room in Moorea not including food, drinks, and activities. It goes up from there and can run on average around $8K-$10K total for a week in Bora Bora in a overwater bungalow in a 4-5 star resort during low season. It can go way beyond $20K even. So, it really depends on your budget and how long you are looking to stay. I'm more than happy to recommend resorts based on what you want to do while you are there! If it doesn't fit your budget, you may want to consider the Cook Islands or Fiji as well.

HTH!

• Options
    Definitely have been thinking about a Tahiti/Bora Bora/Moorea or Fiji honeymoon. I'm based in NJ so I know I will be in for a long flight, but I figured if there is anytime to do it, it is now. Hope the price doesnt get too outrageous. When exactly is "low season"? Would prefer an overwater bungalow....any basic suggestions on how to plan?
  • Options
    Low season is typically from Nov 1st-May 31st, with your absolute best deals coming in between mid January-March 31st. Having been almost always during low season, I recommend early November or late April/May for the best pricing and weather. I highly recommend contacting a travel agent to see what islands/resorts will best fit into your budget and match your preferences. There are MANY resorts to choose from and they each offer something unique. Again, if you want an OWB, and you want it in Bora Bora, expect something along the lines of $8K-$10K for around 7 nights.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards