Retro and Vintage Weddings

DIY Advice

I found these two cakes stands and wanted to try to paint them to make them look prettier plus one has gold detail that I'm not to crazy about ,there was a DIY on Ruffled a few week's back using White gloss spray paint on glass vases and I wanted to try this on 'em has anyone done this before? If I paint them do you ladies know/think they will look bad? any advice or suggestions is welcomed.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DIY Advice

• latina40299latina40299 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_retro-vintage-weddings_diy-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:667Discussion:3c0c69b6-acee-485b-954b-a16cfe0eaea1Post:2613b8a6-dbba-476b-bef6-ce9d08b770ef">Re: DIY Advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]I saw those very same cake stands!  Ok, keep in mind that the gold detailing you don't like is going to be mostly covered by the cake!  I think they're lovely as is.  Have you seen them in person yet?  Cause you may love the look of the (unpainted) glass.
    Posted by Nukke[/QUOTE]

I have the cake stands already ,and your right Eeva the gold detail will be covered with cake and to be honest the more and more I look at them I'm liking them the way they are even the gold detail,sorry I wasted a post on this but I'm glad that it helped me make my mind up and not mess up two pretty cake stands,Thanks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards