Retro and Vintage Weddings

Vintage-y Bridesmaids Dresses

Hey all!
I hope you're having a great weekend!
I started looking through some bridesmaids dresses tonight and it's really overwhelmed.  I don't want the girls wearing the same thing, only from the same collection so that they are the same color.  My colors are a tiffany blue and red.  I'd lile the dresses to be two toned with those colors or the blue so they can wear cute red shoes.

I am interested to see your bridemaids dresses and hear what vendors you think are the best.  oh- and I'd like to keep the dresses under $200.

Thanks ladies- you have all been so great with responding and helping me out- I really appreciate it!

Sara

Re: Vintage-y Bridesmaids Dresses

• I haven't decided on anything yet, but I really like the Aria bridesmaids dresses, they have a lot of variety and a lot of colors. I think that some of them are really vintage-y too. I'm almost positive that they're under $200, because I don't think I would have even considered them if they weren't. Is there a specific era or style you're looking for??
    image 141 Invited so far!
    image 112 Are ready to party!
    image 29 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My suggestion is J.Crew. I love their styles (although not VERY vintage-y), most are $150-$180, and I have worn one in a wedding and didn't have to get it altered. Also, my bridesmaids are wearing them and one out of four girls may have to get it altered a tiny bit. I just like the customer service and quality. Good Luck!
  • I actually am going through amazon.com. by far one of the cheapest around and many of the reviews are very positive for the dresses i'm looking at.  I picked out some 50's inspired ones and they are under 60 bucks each with shipping.  Pick a company or brand on there and the colors should remain the same.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_retro-vintage-weddings_vintage-y-bridesmaids-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:667Discussion:60c1fc99-5137-4cbe-a5e8-705e879955b1Post:7ff82a7e-f715-47f7-a2ae-890087cbccdf">Re: Vintage-y Bridesmaids Dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]I actually am going through amazon.com. by far one of the cheapest around and many of the reviews are very positive for the dresses i'm looking at.  I picked out some 50's inspired ones and they are under 60 bucks each with shipping.  Pick a company or brand on there and the colors should remain the same.
    Posted by kat_hi[/QUOTE]

This is a great idea... what lines are you looking at?
  • [QUOTE]I actually am going through amazon.com. by far one of the cheapest around and many of the reviews are very positive for the dresses i'm looking at.  I picked out some 50's inspired ones and they are under 60 bucks each with shipping.  Pick a company or brand on there and the colors should remain the same.
    Posted by kat_hi[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know which companies/brands you looked at, too!

I'll be able to answer these bridesmaid questions better in a couple weeks when I go shopping.  Right now, though, I've been looking at David's bridal dresses 'cause they're in the right price range.  Also, Dessy/Aftersix has some good ones for under $200.

I need dresses under $150 or $100 if possible though.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do.  I should probably check out the budget wedding board.
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • I picked a line, a length, a color and a fabric and let them pick which dress they liked with the criteria in mind

We decided on Bari Jay because most of their dresses are under $200.  My BMs are all over, so I suggested that they order them online at www.bestbridalprices.com or they can go to a local salon to order it.  I think 2 or 3 out of 8 purchased from a salon, most of them got them online and they look great.
    Expecting Two Little Knuckleheads in June! BabyName TickerBabyName Ticker
  • have you looked at unique-vintage.com?? they have some different dresses sometimes they have sales for dresses under 100
  • Depending on the size of your BMs and the era you are using as inspiration, here is a website for some vintage style dresses

http://www.trashydiva.com/site/indexSHOP.html
    Expecting Two Little Knuckleheads in June! BabyName TickerBabyName Ticker
  • here's the one we're looking at buying
    http://tinyurl.com/ycxb69b

same dress, different company
    http://tinyurl.com/y895a3e

We're getting them in light blue and adding a silver sash to them.  Do a quick search on amazon and you'll see lots of different styles.  Click on the seller's name and often you'll see similar dresses in the same colors if you wanted to let your girls have options.
  • My MOH and I had been looking around and we found dresses by the Dessy Group.  I'm not sure what the price range is, as they don't have any prices (even suggested ones) that I could find on their webpage, but I found a lot of romantic, vintage dresses.

http://www.dessy.com/bridesmaid-dresses/dessy/

If you scroll to the bottom, on the left-hand side of the page you can search by fabric.  The selections that show up when you search lace or chiffon are very pretty, very vintage, and very romantic.  Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards