Retro and Vintage Weddings

Off Topic, Just Venting a Little

Does anyone else on this board ever post in the Chit-Chat forum? The lady's over there are constantly insulting my FI (who they don't know). I posted a couple things on there out of frustration when we were going through a rough patch, and they just ripped our relationship to shreds. I was so upset I went to my FI and told him about it, his response was that it was just a bunch of people on the internet who don't KNOW us. (The issue I posted about was frustration over him not wanting to discuss the wedding too much, but since then we've started to go ahead with more wedding planning. Our wedding is still 16 months away. Also that I don't have an official engagement ring yet. Their response was that he doesn't really love me, doesn't plan on marrying me, is a loser, etc.) My FI is not a loser and I am so tired of trying to give advice from my own experiences and having it backfire and suddenly the conversation turning into what a loser my FI is. Has anyone else noticed that the ladies on the chit-chat board seem to be spiteful and mean-spirited?
Wedding Countdown Ticker image
"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." --The Beatles

Re: Off Topic, Just Venting a Little

• blah blah blah.. cry some more
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You have just proved my point.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
    "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." --The Beatles
  • Because I see you going from board to board talking about the same thing?  Why do you have to post it all over the place
  • edited July 2010
    Please don't come over here with that negativity on this board. It's not welcome here.

EDIT: I take that back...yall need to take the drama else where. That's not what we do here. I went and read the other posts being referred to and those gals have a point...don't think we wont tell you the same thing here just because we haven't heard the whole story.
    *Katie & David* July 22nd 2011 Our Shindig and Blog Updated Weekly! Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • When you post online about things going on in your personal life to people who do not know you, you are opening yourself to criticism and a variety of interpretations. It's ok to vent about your personal life and ask for wedding-related advice but don't expect someone to give you what you want to hear. I haven't always gotten nice feedback but I don't let it bother me - no matter how you plan your wedding or run your life, someone is going to criticize it. I have to be honest and say that I don't really appreciate this kind of thing on this board either. It's the only one that isn't super snarky at times and it would be nice to have at least one drama-free space to post.
    Anniversary
  • I don't post on those boards because the women on them are catty. Find ones that are nice and don't even go to the rest. They have some kind of schoolyard syndrome where they have to be the big b**ch on campus. Don't sweat them. I don't know what was said before and I don't care. Half the people on here can't even act like they are old enough to get married. Following someone from board to board to traumatize them is childish. But I agree with other posters. Let's keep this place drama free because it is a safe place to post real wedding stuff. 
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_retro-vintage-weddings_off-topic-just-venting-little?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:667Discussion:7a2bbb8d-7017-4f35-9921-dbf48490703bPost:fea0318d-0b00-42ce-ac9f-3d377151eee3">Re: Off Topic, Just Venting a Little</a>:
    [QUOTE]blah blah blah.. cry some more
    Posted by PeonyPrincesskdd[/QUOTE]

<div>Why would you follow someone to different boards (AKA STALK THEM) just to be a bitch? Get a life.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Try not to feed the trolls, either, eh? 

Srbagledog--listen to your FI and don't let people on an internet forum get to you.  Just surf other boards until you find a place that suits you best.  Most ladies fall into the swing of things on their club boards.  Others like the more...errm... "lively" boards like Chit Chat, Etiquette, etc.  If you don't like it over there, just move on and let them be.  :)
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • I agree, dont worry about what the people on the internet do to make you feel bad. Some of those girls should go on the snarky board and never leave so we dont have to deal with them.

Once I wrote asking opinions about my e-ring (im NOT sentiental) and that two of my grandmothers passed and i was lucky (meaning im one of like 11 grand-daughters) to recieve rings from both that i wanted to re-do my engagment ring to incorporate their gold/gems in their honor (they were strong women with great marriages) and all those girls saw and commented on was how supposedly i felt my grand-mothers passing got me some jewelry and i now wanted this huge ring. HOW INCONSIDERATE.. I tried explaining they read it wrong  and they still stalked me from board to board too telling people I was greedy and going to ruin my marriage because i wanted to re-do my ring (my fi encouraged the new ring thought and was helping to design it)

I gave up the knot for a while just to not have to read inbox messages or comments. Now I stear clear of the boards I know these girls are on. We have all vented about our fi to one person or another and sometimes those things change and people still  have the images that we painted about them when we were pissed and wont let it change. Dont worry about those girls and stay on the boards where you know you will be supported with truth (nicely) and kindness... 
  • yeah dont listen to them..... everyone comes from different back rounds and yes you will open urself up for critis however there is a way to be nice and critical without hurting feeling and that is what i like about these boards! they are all nice here and they may have thier own opinions but they put it in a nice way! and just because they feel like being a little bossy doesnt mean you have to listen either! just ignor it and come here whatever kind of wedding your having we can help because thats what brides should do! stick together and help each other instead of degrading because they think they can run your life and tell you how wrong you are! and they might follow you around trying to make you feel bad but first of all even internet stalking is illegal now in all states and it just a sign of how insecure they are that they have to bash anyone and everyone to make them feel better! blow it off hang here and we will help...... i know these girls here ..... they have always been the kindest, sweetest bunch of bride i have ever met!
  • If you can't take it on these boards then go to weddingbee.com or weddingwire.com where they are more cookie cutters and sugar coaters
  • edited July 2010
    If you post on a public board, you have to expect that people might say some things you don't want to hear.

Having said that, do you really care what they think? I mean, seriously ... Like graysquirrel said, don't sweat it.
  • ugh... just realized this post was several days old. Sorry to bump it back to the top, ladies ;-P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards