Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

Vintage Elements? (lots of links...lol)

So I've already bought my dress (picture here), picked out a ring (see here) and took engagement pictures (I don't have them posted to a website). All are modern looking (I wanted a vintage ring, but coudn't take my eyes off of the ring I got...lol) but I think I really want to incorporate a lot of vintage elements into the wedding.

I've always loved the 1940's and my fiance is a big fan of the renaissance period. I don't think that we can really incorporate those two together, but if possible, I would love to try. (as long as it looks nice.) (My fiance likes the 1940s, also, so we could just go that way.

We're going to have a chapel wedding and hopefully our reception in an old train depot, that is now used for weddings and events. (Click here for a picture of the inside, and then click here for a picture of the outside)

I already have a regular fingertip veil that was my moms, and both my sisters used, or else I would use a birdcage veil. I think I want a felt button bouquet, which can have a vintage look to it, but I'm not sure where else to go. Our colors are Blue and Yellow and it's possible we might move the wedding to as soon as December or maybe March.

I know I'm leaving it wide open, but if anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
image ~*~Rowyn at 5 months!~*~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary PersonalMilestone

Re: Vintage Elements? (lots of links...lol)

• Options
    well, your ideas sound wonderful to me, and that venue is GORGEOUS and so unique. im very jealous :)

im bad at giving ideas to people since i had so much trouble figuring out mine for my own weddign but i know theres a few people on here who will have wonderful ideas for you. i think 1940s-ish would work GREAT in your venue and with the stuff you've already decided on.

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • Options

I agree that your venue works great with '40s and so you should probably just run with that if you do get the depot. I love Renaissance wedding elements, but they tend to be a little "go big or go home". Your dress has a lot of fabric for the '40s, but the organza does have a vintage look (and actual wedding dresses in the '40s were one area they didn't skimp). Maybe you could wear a cute bolero jacket for a bit to really up your vintage look? You might want one, with a wedding in December or March. This December might be pushing it in terms of comfortable warning for guests.

Long story short, you could definitely do either. I could see your dress, colors and venue work great with a light Ren theme. I think 1940s would really take them home, and be easier to play up.

• Options
    i definitely second what PP said about ren theme being go big or go home. that train depot is screaming 1940s, if i were in your shoes i would definitely do that! i am in love with your venue now, by the way haha :)
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards