Honeymoon Discussions
Options

We can't decide where to go!

We got engaged in Mexico at an AL resort and loved it! We really want to go back there because we didn't find a thing wrong with the resort and don't want to take the chance or not enjoying our honeymoon if we chose somewhere else... after long time thinking it out we decided to try something new anyways..  

We are looking into P*nta Cana, Mexico, Costa Rica, Cayman Islands..and possibly some other areas.  

We know that we really want an AL resort, we would prefer couples only or adults only. Our budget is around  3k however we can push more if we find a good spot. We want to be able to relax with eachother but also have activites to do such as an excursion or two and to have fun things to do at night.  (we are not huge drinkers however we do enjoy a good time every now and then)

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go? or any advice? Thanks!!! :)

Re: We can't decide where to go!

• Options
    What was the name of the resort where you got engaged?
    We're honeymooning at the Royal in Cancun but we've never been there.
    I always hear good things on the board about Secrets Maroma beach.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We stayed at the Sun palace in Cancun when we went..our friends recommended the Royal in Cancun we debated between the two for a long time but were very thrilled at the Sun Palace, we only picked there because they gave you 1500$ worth of resort credits which we used for a romantic dinner on the beach, swimming with dolphins, spa and a few other things so it helped by not paying for some of the extras we wanted to do.  the royal in cancun is very close to the downtown cancun tourist area..we were almos the first hotel in the strip going into downtown so it was much quiter and more peaceful.  I think you will love the royal though our friends really did! Good Luck and have fun! 

We have both been to Puerto Rico because my FI is puerto rican! So we are trying to stay away from there or it will turn into a family visiting trip hah! Thanks for all your advice so far! 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_cant-decide-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:e77fa4de-6b78-46c5-98dd-0c3dc43fdaddPost:c90db720-68bd-4be5-b5d1-fa582f2ff6a1">Re: We can't decide where to go!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>With your budget I would look into the Couples resorts in Jamaica. They are all amazing</strong>. Another great AI resort in Jamaica are the St James/Wild Orchid Montego Bay resorts. They are located on the same property.  I definitely agree with trying somewhere new. Of all the places you suggested, I personally did not like P*nta Cana very much. The food there was terrible although the water is pretty. There really wasn't much outside the resort areas either.  Costa Rica is amazing but I wouldn't recommend an AI there so maybe I would save that trip for another time. I have stayed at an AI there and also been back two other times and just rented a 4x4 jeep and travelled from town to town and stayed in amazing hotels which was much better. There is just too much to see there. I haven't been to the Cayman islands and not sure if your budget will fit there. Another place to look is Puerto Rico. It can be amazing there too with loads to see and do. Not sure about AI's there though.
    Posted by spikeinc[/QUOTE]

I would definitely recommend the couples resorts, we stayed at Tower Isle in Ocho Rios, its AI and adults only, plus they also offer amazing excursions like a catamaran cruise, a trip to dunns river falls, free massages for honeymooners and amazing theme nights! With airfare from St. Louis, we paid around $3300.00 for 8 days 7 nights in a premier ocean view room
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards