Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

veil issue. Advice please!

Hey guys!  So I'm starting to think more about my veil, and was wondering if I could get your opinion on a couple things.  I'd like to be veiled while I walk down the aisle, even if it's a little birdcage with a fascinator, it's what I want.

However, I'm strongly considering doing a victorian or 20s headband with a veil tucked under my updo  (see inspiration picture below).

Is it possible to have a blusher veil even though the veil will be attached under your hair?  I know that physically it's possible to do it, but has anyone seen it done?  In my head, it just wouldn't look right--especially with the veil so low at the nape of the neck.  What do you think?

(FYI, for those who aren't sure, the blusher veil is the short(er) veil that gets draped from the back over your head/face in front... then the dad or groom lifts it off your face at the altar.  So I was thinking of using a long tule veil in the back and a tule blusher for the front--both attached at the same place).
Our Wedding Website
Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: veil issue. Advice please!

• Options
    I think for it to be that low, it wouldn't really work to have it over your face, it would look awkward. Maybe if you had a multi tiered veil, and had it up on the crown of your head for the ceremony so you can have the blusher over your face, then for the reception, put it under your hair, like in your inspiration pic. It would probably take some help and maybe some hairspray, but this way you get to have it both ways. Just an idea, hope that helps. The pic is gorgeous, I love that look!
    image 141 Invited so far!
    image 112 Are ready to party!
    image 29 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That is a good idea!  I'd probably move it under my hair right after the ceremony, for all the wedding pics, though.  I love that idea.  I get to have my cake and eat it too!

Thanks Kitkat!
    Our Wedding Website
  • Options
    Maybe you could do a short drop veil that sits right under the headband on top of your head...just an idea...
    Expecting Two Little Knuckleheads in June! BabyName TickerBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    i love this birdcage on etsy:

kind of the best of both worlds- the headband look plus the birdcage look.  :)
    married :: april 22, 2010 :: sodo park, seattle Photobucket http://www.etsy.com/shop/craftyclementines
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. :D
    Our Wedding Website
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards