Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

50s dress

I'm looking for 50s/rockabilly dresses to wear for my E pics. I've looked at unique vintage but don't want to spend that much-- I'd rather spend less than $70. I found a site called Starlets & Harlots that has some great looking stuff on sale for under 40. Has anyone ever used it? Is it reputable? Are there any other sites where I don't have to spend very much?
Photobucket

Re: 50s dress

• Options

Have you checked your local costume store?  A lot of the big one's have rentals that you can browse through. Just a thought but it will definetly save you some money.

• Options
    edited June 2010
    my bridesmaids are wearing this dress in black. its adorable and in your price range.
    http://pacificplex.com/dh.html

p.s. PIB of my MOH wearing it!

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • Options
    Thanks Graceful! I was looking at the very same dress on Amazon and wondering if it was a good choice!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    its very very nice :) and the company is really good too...they helped alot with sending back sizes that didnt fit and things

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • Options
    www.unique-vintage.com
    They have some awesome stuff.
  • Options
    Like I said, most of the uniquevintage stuff is too pricey for me :)
    Photobucket
  • Options

A freind just got a cherry dress from there - was a bit stiff and the fabric wasn't the greatest - but it was cute and by no means falling apart.

A couple other websites to try - Modcloth.com, mybabyjo, daddy-os.  Have you tried e-bay for some of the bettie page or stop staring lines?  Anthropogie on occasion has stuff in their sale page online that would fit the bill also.
    Locally (I see you're from Mpls) you might try Lula or the Corner Store for vintage. Vias might be over that price range but worth a try too as they have really great stuff. 

Otherwise - if you are a 10-14 size come on over to my closet - heh heh. I have a whole stash.

photo c603d655-594e-44b6-a311-72f04e7a561b_zpscca2447c.jpg My Little Sweetheart Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    http://www.vivienofholloway.com has lovely wedding dresses on in rockabilly style, but it's based in England and I have no idea about the p&p. Still, cute!
    "It is better to believe than to disbelieve; in so doing, you bring everything to the realm of possibility." - Albert Einstein
  • Options
    Vivien of Holloway ship worldwide for a flat fee of £5. I bought my wedding dress from them whilst I was still at home in the UK and had it shipped to the camp I'm working at in Pennsylvania and it arrived so fast. And it's beautiful and I'm a little bit in love with it. The sizes are cut to an old 50s style block though, so make sure you actually measure yourself carefully before you order!
    Married! "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe
  • Options
    you  could also try www.pinupgirlclothing.com
    I got my rehearsal dinner dress there:
    http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/black-cherry-anna-dress-pinup-couture.html
    reasonable prices and fast shipping
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards