Retro and Vintage Weddings

Makeup Find from heaven! And makeup pictures.

My name is Katie and I'm a minreal makeup fiend. Wink

I love the Bare Minerals brand. It does great things for my face...but bad things to my wallet. Everything from them is so darn expensive! Just the loose powder eye shadow is $13 for the little round container...and the foundation I love is $25.

I found a place on Etsy (where else? lol) that seems to have some pretty amazing organic/mineral makeup. They're called Orglamix. <<<Click<<<
 I haven't tried their foundation yet....but I just ordered 5 different loose powder eye shadows and a 7 piece brush kit all for about $37. I have to say that for someone who frequents Ulta and Sepora, I'm thoroughly impressed with the price, quality, quantity, and speedy delivery. I ordered this stuff on Friday and it was in my mail box when I came home from work yesterday. Awesome!

...oh...did I mention I got a free tub of eye shadow?
I honestly don't think I'll buy my makeup from anyone else ever again!

*The container that I'm holding is the free eye shadow I received!*

Just figured I'd share with my favorite girls on the internet!
Have a happy Tuesday! Laughing
*Katie & David* July 22nd 2011 Our Shindig and Blog Updated Weekly! Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Makeup Find from heaven! And makeup pictures.

• Thanks for sharing that! I have used Bare Minerals for years but am not a fan of the price. I marked the store as a favorite for future use.
    I love hearing positive reviews about sellers on Etsy. I'm starting to buy more and more on there and am yet to have a negative thing to say about a seller.

• And the eyes close up.

I was so excited about my make up that I decided to play around a bit. Kiss
    *Katie & David* July 22nd 2011 Our Shindig and Blog Updated Weekly! Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I bought the Bare Minerals starter kit for the wedding. I don't wear makeup on a regular basis... in fact all I own is Bare Minerals, a sample tube of mascara, and... oh, that's it. My MOH wants me to buy my eye and lip makeup from her since she is a Mark rep but I haven't really loved anything she puts on me. She tried to do cat eyes... um, no, not my style and definitely not for my wedding. It is expensive too!
    Anniversary
  • Hmmmm... I might have to give this a try.  I have been using Bare Minerals exclusively for almost 5 years now.  I have really sensitive skin though.  I tried the cheap-o L'oreal mineral make-up and my skin burned!  It was horrible.  I washed it off, but my skin was burning for a couple of days.  I've been apprehensive to try other mineral make-up since then.  I just might try this though.

Thanks for the recommendation!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_retro-vintage-weddings_makeup-heaven-share?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:667Discussion:9e51f00e-57ec-4470-82fd-be9607d91221Post:9d3e8821-3d3a-4fd6-b9f6-ec502ed6b5bc">Re: Makeup Find from heaven! And makeup pictures.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hmmmm... I might have to give this a try.  I have been using Bare Minerals exclusively for almost 5 years now.  I have really sensitive skin though.  I tried the cheap-o L'oreal mineral make-up and my skin burned!  It was horrible.  I washed it off, but my skin was burning for a couple of days.  I've been apprehensive to try other mineral make-up since then.  I just might try this though. Thanks for the recommendation!
    Posted by maginell[/QUOTE]

If you have sensitive skin (as do I) you may want to stick with what works.  I have had allergic reactions to some lines and wouldn't want that to happen for my wedding day makeup.

Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards