Honeymoon Discussions

For those who went on their HM to Secrets Maroma Beach please read...

Hello Ladies -
Ok I have a question...I've been up in the air about which Secrets resort to go to? When reading the reviews on Secrets Capri and Playa Del Carmen - It seems that Maroma Beach had gotten the better of all the reviews.

However my question is....as beautiful as Maroma Beach resort was - what was your take on their rooms, the air conditioning and most importantly....the comort of the bed? I know this may sound crazy. But my FI and I went to P*nta Cana in March - we stayed at teh Excellence and I thought it was awful. The AC didn't work - I threw my hands up after switching rooms twice and to make matters worse - I had a backache for the entire week because the beds were as hard as a rock. Apparently this is an issue w/ the Secrets in Capri (i think that's where the negative review came from) soooo before I research further into booking this trip for our HM - I wanted to get someone's real take on what they felt in regards to the questions I'm asking.   Thanks so much for your input.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: For those who went on their HM to Secrets Maroma Beach please read...

• i got engaged at Maroma.  I loved it. We are doing a destination wedding and although we can't do secrets, because we are having kids...we would have gone back there in a heartbeat.  Plus our prices were crazy amazing.  If you want my TA's info, or how much we paid, just Pm me.
    I haven't been to Capri or pnta cana so I can't say how much better it is.
  • We just got back from The Royal Playa Del Carmen, and not one that you listed, BUT the beds were VERY comfortable and they have a pillow menu so you can order what softness you like and the air conditioning was AMAZING and freezing!!! It is AI and adults only and in a GREAT location because you can walk to 5th Ave in Playa...
  • We just got back from Secrets Maroma a wk ago!

The air conditioning was awesome!  DH made several comments throughout the week that he was surprised how well it worked b/c we had read so many reviews on how awful it was.  The room was set at 74 and couldn't be set any lower...but there were at least 2 times that it was so cold that we actually turned it up to 77!

The bed, we loved!  It was the perfect blend of firm but comfortably soft.  We both agreed that we slept better the week of our HM than we normally do at home (although it could just have been the booze and how tired we were)

Hope this helps!  If you have anymore questions, don't hesistate to ask :O)

• We just got back from our HM at Secrets Maroma on 10/14. The airconditioner worked very well. Just make sure you keep the back patio doors closed. We were even cold at night, so it definitely worked. The beds were very soft and comfortable, we looked at the mattress and they use pillowtop matresses. The rooms were also very nice. We did not have an issue about the bathroom privacy, as some people do. The toilet is in its own little room with a smoky door.  The food was also really good...the hibachi was amazing.

BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We honeymooned at Secrets Maroma in May '09.  We had no issues with the A/C and the beds were very comfortable.  We had no complaints at all.
  • I had nothing wrong with my Ac.  but mosquitos were bad at night.  Bring bug spray.  My FI said I was sweet, but a lot of people had issues with that...and I think they are at every beach anyways.  I liked the food, had no problems with the bathroom and privacy.  I had wanted a bigger jacuzzi (it is a little wider than a tub) and didn't think there was much to do at night, but we just chilled and that was what we wanted to do anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards