Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

new knottie seeks inspiration/ideas!! :)

Hi everyone!! I'm kinda new to the knot boards... i posted this question in the regular boards before i realized there was theme boards! so here it goes...

i LOVE the 1940's style, look, everything! so i know the music i will have, and i know the look i want for myself and the whole wedding party. i DONT, however, know what to do with the reception!! [decor, flowers, centerpieces, favors, etc...] im thinking like romantic-vintage or hollywood glam? i guess it could have a 30's-40's feel to it.... we also dont have a TON of money to spend... we got engaged less than a month ago and the wedding will be in may of 2011, so i have nothing "set" and havent really made any decisions... i guess i just want a bunch of ideas to choose from? thanks in advance!! <3

Re: new knottie seeks inspiration/ideas!! :)

• Options

Im doing a theme that is a little older than you might like (1910's) but there are a ton of cute ideas that still worked in the 1940s!!  You could gdo a giftcard station with an old birdcage, and tape 1940's postcards on the inside of it....thatr looks adorable.  Ill also send you a link to the invites Im using, they are art-deco 1930s.....

I changed the font to an art deco style and the paper is metallic silver, but you get the idea....there are tons on this website!
    http://www.zazzle.com/black_damask_wedding_invitations-161185218689423684

• Options
    At the top also, there are lots of Vintage Knotties with Planning Bio's...good place to get ideas from.  I'm also going for a Romantic-Vintage type theme, you can check out my bio if you'd like.

Plus, there are a ton of blogs as well.  Just take a look around at the topics here and click on Bio's etc.  You'll get a TON of ideas.  GL!  :)
  • Options
    I'm doing Vintage/Spanish/Romantic for my wedding...
    Here are some images of items I'm using.

I got these at Oriental Trading Company

These from Pier One

This from Headcoverings By Devorah

These from Nana Lulu's Linens

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards