Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

Bridesmaids?

So we are going bridesmaid shopping today. I have four girls all getting tiffany blue dresses in different style with red shoes. How should we add a vintage touch. Should all of us wear birdcage veil. But theirs simpler and not over their eyes or should we just get vintage inspired jewelry. I cant afford a reception dress but still want the reception and ceremony to look different so I decided i was going to wear a vintage red necklace. it is very gaudy i love it :) Anyhow I can just started rambling there sooo what do you girls think?

Re: Bridesmaids?

• Options
    I think I mentioned in a birdcage veil post that there was this simple, red birdcage veil on this one bride featured on Ruffled http://ruffledblog.com/page/8/. That might be something you could do for your bridesmaids or for yourself to make the reception different.

You could also do vintage inspired jewelry, http://www.1928.com has some really nice pieces in every color, so you might find something there.

Depending on what era you're shooting for, you could do little white kid gloves for your maids. Something like this, maybe; http://weddings.theknot.com/Real-Weddings/60368/detailview.aspx?id=60368&type=3&style=Vintage%2cRetro\ although you may be able to find them in red, but I'm not sure. That might look weird, though. Red kid gloves. White would probably be better.

I'm thinking about changing shoes for my reception. May solve my lack of enthusiasm over wearing sandals during the ceremony. Fabulous heels during the reception! You could do maybe white shoes for the ceremony and then the red ones for the reception? Just an idea. BTW, did you see the link I posted for you under my shoes thread? Found some really gorgeous red shoes, they're vintage looking and not too high I don't think. If you don't like them, my feelings won't be hurt, haha, but I think I want them now, just because!

image 141 Invited so far!
    image 112 Are ready to party!
    image 29 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all the help :) And keeping the board alive with me. My computer is on the fritz and so is the knot ugh. I didnt see those shoes I will look next :)
  • Options
    What if you did the birdcage veils for the ceremony, and then for the reception they all switched to a vintagy hair accessory?
  • Options
    I love the birdcage/fascinator ideas for the maids.  I was considering it for a while, before I realised that I wanted all the maid's accessories to be their own choice.  Either way, while I was still daydreaming, I found this inspiration pic.  I know it's not your wedding colours, but I thought I'd show it to you anyway so you can help to see your vision.  I think some shortie gloves coupled with these fascinators/veils would be darling. 
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    Thanks I threw the glove idea at them and they hated it :( That was my fav. We have deciced just to do vintage/costume jewelry and feather/flowers for the hair.
  • Options
    Oh well.  They'll look fantastic anyway!  :D

Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards