Retro and Vintage Weddings

New here

I figured I should stop lurking and introduce myself. My name is Pam and I'm getting married on May 14, 2011. I want the wedding to be vintage, but my FI likes more modern details. I'm hoping to find more inspiration so that we can get the mix of "modern vintage" that would make us both happy.

Re: New here

• Welcome!  If you look at the sticky at the top you can look at several of the girls' bios and get some awesome ideas.  I myself am doing a vintage theme with a little modern thrown in, feel free to look at my bio as well. 

Glad to have ya on the board!
  • I think I've looked at your bio a hundred times, I love the button theme! My main color is purple as well. Right now I am obsessed with lanterns as a main theme.
  • Welcome! There are definitely great ways to combine a vintage feel with more modern elements. One thing I love that I've seen the ladies on this board doing is having a new gown that is elegant and crisp with vintage jewelry and bouquet styles. It creates the perfect blend. Can't wait to hear some of your ideas!
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
  • Welcome! Vintage and modern are a great mix!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_retro-vintage-weddings_new-here-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:667Discussion:d0c6bbc7-3886-4540-82a9-8a0c1fcf3090Post:eab13a7e-8cec-47dc-bf64-bfa4155475a6">Re: New here</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I've looked at your bio a hundred times, I love the button theme! My main color is purple as well. Right now I am obsessed with lanterns as a main theme.
    Posted by KlassyWithaK[/QUOTE]

Awww, I'm flattered.  =) 
  • NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Hello hello!  Glad to have you here!  Can't wait to hear some of your lantern ideas.  :D
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Welcome to the board! There are so many great ideas and super crafty ladies on this board I'm sure you'll be able to find a ton of ideas for your vintage+modern wedding:)  
  • Welcome. Cant wait to hear what your ideas are and we are here to help!
  • Welcome! Love buttons as well, there will be some little accents with buttons but I didn't do much, I kinda ran with another theme!
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • KlassyWithaK--what color purple are you going for?  I'm doing plum/eggplant!  Maybe we can bounce ideas! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards