Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Carribean Honeymoon Advice

Hello!

My Fiance and I are stumped on a honeymoon spot! We love the beach, warm weather and all inclusive! Im looking for a romantic relaxing Carribean vacation for the two of us! Everywhere I look is expensive or bad reviews. Anyone have any good advice? Im open to anywhere except the bahamas! We've been there so often! We're in the price range of 4,000$ for hotel and airfare! Thanks so much!!!

Re: Carribean Honeymoon Advice

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_carribean-honeymoon-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:e93ae75d-e03e-4a3c-b756-cb1647f1fb4dPost:43368838-69cd-4065-a7df-f7e5ead03fd7">Carribean Honeymoon Advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! My Fiance and I are stumped on a honeymoon spot! We love the beach, warm weather and all inclusive! Im looking for a romantic relaxing Carribean vacation for the two of us! Everywhere I look is expensive or bad reviews. Anyone have any good advice? Im open to anywhere except the bahamas! We've been there so often! We're in the price range of 4,000$ for hotel and airfare! Thanks so much!!!
    Posted by Mandalee0205[/QUOTE]

<div>You should be able to do plenty at a very nice resort for youe budget of 4k. You have to realize that reviews have to be taken with a grain of salt too. A lot of the times the negative reviews are overexaggerated. I know a lot of the ladies on here like Secrets or similar. They are affordable but very nice and romantic. Also I believe they are Adults Only. When we went to Mexico we stayed at a RIU which is a little on the lower end. However I have never been that pampered and looked after in my entire life. I thought it was amazing. There were so many things to do and all the staff treated us like royalty. It was awesome. The resort had decent reviews. My favorite was a few negative reviews about how damp the air in Mexio was. Seriously?!? You are in Mexico on a beach of course it is humid! I think it really depends on what you are looking for in a resort and realize that if you are not a super picky stuck up traveler then you probably won't have problems. </div>

• Options
    What about a cruise?  We're looking at cruises to the southern Carribbean and airfare from where we are to Puerto Rico is around $400 now and the cruise for balcony rooms are $799/each.  Meals would be taken care of too!
  • Options
    Which resorts interested you most but got bad reviews? There is a good chance that a knottie has been to one of those and can put some of the bad reviews to rest (or confirm them!) Also, if we know which resorts you found interest you the mostm we may be able to offer suggestions that will give you a similar experience but for less $$. I also see that you aren't getting married until 1/1/14. The Caribbean will be extremely expensive that time of year and you may have to consider less nights. Another thought off the top of my head is that I'm not sure that airfare for your exact dates is even out yet! Airfare doesn't get released until 330 days prior to the flight. So, keep that in mind as well.

• Options
    I think my fiance have finally decided on Couples Swept Away. We had been looking and looking at it, but didn't know anyone that had gone. We saw so many great reviews on here and were thinking that was the place for us. When we called our travel agent, that was her first recommendation after hearing what we were looking for. She said she and her husband traveled there last year and loved it so much that they plan to return. I can't wait!
  • Options
    We are also looking at Couples resorts -- lots included. Good luck making your decision! Mexico is also always a good option. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Hello ladies thanks for the responses!

Our date has been pushed up to late August of this year! So we're looking into around August 25th for our honeymoon.

I like Sandals but it seems like a lot of money! Anyone been there or love it? Also I saw Secrets but that didnt get great reviews but I thought it looked beautiful for the price!!

We're big time cruisers already so I wanted something different! I just want to be dropped off on an island, all inclusive so we dont have to worry about a thing!!
  • Options
    Sandals is notoriously the most expensive couples resort anywhere you go. It's lovely, and I have nothing bad to say, but I feel like you can probably get the same type of experience at a Secrets or Couples for a better price.

We actually used the Palace resort in Isla Mujeres, Mexico, and we LOVED it, and it was VERY budget-friendly. It was couples-only, but not all Palace resorts are, so we had to just be careful that we didn't choose the wrong one!
  • Options
    Which Secrets resort were you looking at. There are several ladies on here that have been to Secrets resorts and I have never heard one bad thing. Remember not to focus on the negative reviews.

Sandals tends to be very overpriced for what you can get. They also have several negative reviews on Trip Advisor.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards