Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

Cake topper

I am double posting this. I already posted on my local board. I started making my cake topper and need help. Here is my topper (oh I went to buy a deer set from ebay and fi said that he likes people better :( Sad I am starting to love the results though) Sooo here is my cake topper

and here is my inspiration

i still have a lot left to do. But what do you think? The help I need is I cant figure out how to make the arms? Do you have any ideas?

Re: Cake topper

• Options
    OMG Alyssa that looks sooo good!! I've been eyeing that Etsy seller trying to figure out how to recreate it, and you did it perfectly. Details, please! :)

And it looks like she just used flesh colored pipecleaners for arms!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Laura & Brian | October 23, 2010 | Planning Bio!
  • Options
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am seriously IN LOVE with that!!!!!!!  I wish we didnt already have our cake topper! damnit! Thats prefect :) good job!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    YOURS IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOUR INSPIRATION PIC!!!! Are you going to paint the groom's body black at all like he's wearing a tux? So adorable!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    adorable! i'm in love [: so simple looking, though i'm sure it's not been simple to make
    *marc & catrina*
    *10.9.10*
  • Options
    aww thanks girls. I am actually glad we decided to make this cake topper. It has been some rouble but alot of fun :) I am planing to make his clothes out of fabric like mine. I have to wait though until he decides what he will be wearing. Thanks princess 74 pipe cleaners would be perfect. I am super tired right now so tomorrow I will post in my blog the hows and whats :)
  • Options
    I totally want to make one now! Hope you don't mind if I steal your idea??

I was at Michael's and Joann's earlier (yes, both in one day! FI was very cooperative today) and neither of them had anything close to peach/flesh toned pipe cleaners. But I was thinking modeling clay might work? They had some flesh colored clay, or you could paint it to match. Then a little hot glue to attach it to the body.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Laura & Brian | October 23, 2010 | Planning Bio!
  • Options
    I'm surprised you have already accomplished so much in a short period of time, considering you were set on deer a few days ago! It's really cute and I agree, it looks better than the inspiration pic! That's what I'm realizing with Etsy... super cute ideas but often if you try yourself it's much cheaper and comes out better anyways!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    for arms maybe toothpicks or popsickle sticks with polymer clay??
  • Options

cute cake topper,hope you don't mind if I were to steal this idea!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I like yours better than the inspiration pics!  They're great!  Nice job! :D
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    too freakin' cute! i almost wish i hadnt already bought a cake topper so i could make one like this! for the arms..pipecleaners, or maybe polymer clay?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards