Retro and Vintage Weddings

shower cards-good & bad-long but PIP!

I'm starting to sound like an AW--sorryssss!

Okay, my wedding is NOT Mad Men themed but I am obsessed with the show. I just can't stop finding awesome odds & ends that fit that time period. My vintage theme is more a hodge podge of time periods but nothing sticks out too much so I think it will fly to mix things up a bit.

Anyhoo, I recently got my bridal shower invitation and it was blurry, and black, white, and red was the main color. I had a semi bridezilla moment because it really upset me that A. they sent my guests blurry invitations, and B. the theme is red & black & white. I know I have no right to be upset at people who are graciously throwing me a shower. I am very grateful to them & I never mentioned my disappointment to them (of course) but I can't help the way I felt. I was really hoping to have a pretty girlie shower. Pinks, yellows, blues, anything girlie. I got RED. Now I have to find appropriate matching thank you cards. Seriously, I have to. That's just the way I am. So, I found these on etsy!

They are making them completely blank inside so I can use them as my thank you cards! Seller is CDesignIllustration.
Clicky
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: shower cards-good & bad-long but PIP!

• LOL!  I love the fact that you have taken the time to find TY cards that match a shower color scheme you do not like.  How cute!  I know how you feel ... not so sure I would go so far as to match TY note colors to party colors, but I definitely appreciate your motivation. 

And look at it this way, the red, black and white theme may lead someone to buy you some racy lingerie.  I'm the kind of shower guest that always buys the bride a beautiful negligee, no matter what the theme.  Hee hee!

Have a good time at your shower.  Just take deep breaths, relax and enjoy!
  • lol i get it, i would match them too! & those are cute! but i would've definitely said something ahead of time about wanting a girly pretty shower! it's your shower it's fine to voice your opinion and in reality they should've consulted you & had you help plan. i guess once they did it it's kinda late and unnecessary to say you didn't like it but still you have right to feel however you want. 

just make sure you have your input on your bachelorette party/outing! we're doing a weekend at a hotel and spa because that's what i want... it's just courtesy to ask what you'd like to do.. i mean hello it's for you. it's not rude to say how you feel. as long as you're not a crazy bridezilla you should have these parties and you day how you see fit. it would make no sense to do something for someone if you don't know they like it. so make sure you speak your mind next time! 
  • I have to disagree here. Usually the people throwing the shower ask the bride if there's anything in particular that she would like, but I don't think it's a requirement. They are throwing a party for you, you aren't suppose to plan it. I also don't think you should have a lot of input other than guest lists, but that's just me. I really don't understand why someone would be upset that they didn't get the color scheme that they wanted. I would just be really happy someone cares enough about me to plan it all & pay for it all! We had our engagement party yesterday that FI's aunt threw for us, and there were so many people here that I was excited to just be with and talk to that I didn't even notice the decorations!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_retro-vintage-weddings_shower-cards-good-bad-long-but-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:667Discussion:fb51f80c-01a3-49f5-98ee-3cabfe1d049fPost:6092a957-4244-4c94-b297-cb8bba6371d2">Re: shower cards-good & bad-long but PIP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have to disagree here. Usually the people throwing the shower ask the bride if there's anything in particular that she would like, but I don't think it's a requirement. They are throwing a party for you, you aren't suppose to plan it. I also don't think you should have a lot of input other than guest lists, but that's just me. I really don't understand why someone would be upset that they didn't get the color scheme that they wanted. I would just be really happy someone cares enough about me to plan it all & pay for it all! We had our engagement party yesterday that FI's aunt threw for us, and there were so many people here that I was excited to just be with and talk to that I didn't even notice the decorations!
    Posted by TexanTreasure08[/QUOTE]
    I know it makes me sound shallow. And you're right, there is absolutely no requirement for anyone to ask what you might want. It's not about a color. I think it's more the fact that they were very involved when I planned their showers and they were grateful for it but did not bother to include me in anything. She never even confirmed the date with me!! She just picked one and printed out the invites. It's sort of important that I am available that day as well as the mothers. The color or theme part was the icing on the cake. It is not me or my style. Trust me, it's not going to ruin my day and I am very grateful that they are taking the time to do this at all for me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards