Vineyard Weddings
Options

Subtle Vineyard Theme

My reception is at a vineyard in NY, but I'm trying not to make it "Yes we are at a vineyard and everything is grapes and vines." For my centerpieces, for instance, we are filling vases with corks and gerber daisies - an homage to the site, but not so obvious. One of my colors is sangria, but the accent with either be pale yellow or orange.

Any ideas for invitations/decor, or even colors, that aren't so obvious but still complement the vineyard setting?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
White Knot

Re: Subtle Vineyard Theme

• Options
    You can do your invites in the colors, the sangria and orange or add some sage green.  It gives the color idea without it being too birthday partyish like "WOW! It's a vineyard wedding!"
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    Yes, that's what I did.  I didn't do the whole vinyard grapes (I too can't stand the grape thing) invites.  I found invites in our colors and in the invitation wording it said something about celebrating amongst the vines or something.  I can't remember exactly.  My theme is more rustic chic than vineyard but I'm not forgetting it completely.  I've attached pictures in my other posts.  I'm also using corks to hold pictures of the two of us at various ages around the cocktail area.
  • Options
    I am also getting married at a NY vineyard and since my colors are green and yellow, I think I am going to use a simply leaf motif for invites and such.

What winery will you be at? I'm at Ventosa!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "All love that has not friendship for its base is like a mansion built upon the sand." Marrying my best friend on 9.10.10
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_vineyard-weddings_subtle-vineyard-theme?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:669Discussion:7b5bacdd-f091-4e0c-a59e-4865d3365f18Post:fa4919e1-5715-46d0-88c3-c84fb6064dec">Re: Subtle Vineyard Theme</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am also getting married at a NY vineyard and since my colors are green and yellow, I think I am going to use a simply leaf motif for invites and such. What winery will you be at? I'm at Ventosa!
    Posted by vegasd[/QUOTE]

Oh, I LOVE Ventosa! My friend got married there! I'm at Casa Larga. Ventosa would have been my first choice if it was slightly closer to Rochester.

Thanks for the ideas everyone! I like the corks-as-photo-holders ideas.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    White Knot
  • Options
    We didnt want to go overboard on grapes and leaves so we opted more for a garden feel with the invites... https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B_lR5RY6HGqhMzQ1NmRkOTYtOTIwZS00OWQ1LTkzY2EtMGRkYTdlMTZmM2Mx&hl=en
  • Options
    Check out weddingpaperdivas.com for invites.  I'm thinking about "rustic print" or "rustic garden" for a subtle vinyard feel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards