Vineyard Weddings
Options

Wine Barrel Card Box!

Hi!
I am looking for a wine barrel card box! Also precut wine glasses to use as candle holders. Any other decorations would be great too! Thanks

Re: Wine Barrel Card Box!

• Options
    CnSinLOVECnSinLOVE member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Have you tried etsy? They have tons of stuff like that! Also I would try pintetest for decor ideas!! I have been in wine decor heaven with everything they have!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I second the Etsy suggestion.  I used a wine crate (box instead of barrel) and it turned out great!  There are several to choose from....and truthfully - you can probably go around and ask local liquor stores if they have any.  We just cut a slit in the lid for the cards, and hinged the lid so it can open/close.  I now use the box for all the mementos and things.

As centerpieces, I used upside down wine glasses and put flowers under the glass, and a pillar candle on top.  I also used tiny cordial glasses upside down and put tealights on top of those. (i fastened the candles with craft dot adhesive so they didn't tip over).  I'm not sure what you mean by 'pre-cut' wine glasses.  Etsy does have some cut wine bottles and things that might be useful for candles as well.

...shameless plug -- but I do have some leftover wedding items in my etsy shop (below) in case you're looking for other ideas!
  • Options
    For my table numbers-I took my empty wine bottles and added grape clusters (from rub on transfers) on one side and added a table number on the other side. To go along with my centerpieces-I have wine glasses that I put a battery operated candle in and placed a vellum shade on top. I would of loved to had a wine keg as my card box but had trouble finding a small enough one. My wedding arch for my ceremony is having vines on it and clusters of grapes hanging down.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_vineyard-weddings_wine-barrel-card-box?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:669Discussion:9beee9ab-afbe-43fd-b578-eb7057f4cde4Post:bab40865-ca9d-4708-9121-2d04fc38c179">Wine Barrel Card Box!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! I am looking for a wine barrel card box! Also precut wine glasses to use as candle holders. Any other decorations would be great too! Thanks
    Posted by Rebecca518[/QUOTE]

<div>Hi Rebecca - check out <a href="http://www.sterlingwineonline.com/catalog/item/4317986/wedding-wine-barrel.htm" rel="nofollow">http://www.sterlingwineonline.com/catalog/item/4317986/wedding-wine-barrel.htm</a> .  This is what my fiance and I ordered for our wedding in May - and they were absolutely amazing to deal with.  When it came in - it was exactly what we were looking for!  </div><div>
    </div><div>Lisa</div>
  • Options

We used a wooden wine crate.  We used a router to cut a slot in the top for cards.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards