Vineyard Weddings

**Mandie

Castle Grisch has amazing wines, but they are kind of off the beaten path.  Our ceremony is in Syracuse, so we did not want to put any more distance than we already are (90 minutes) between the church and reception site.  It really is a beautiful setting though.  Great view overlooking the lake if I remember correctly.
One major issue we had with Watkins Glen (aside from distance) was that we had a really difficult time finding a hotel for our guests that was not outrageously priced (one we called had a 2 night minimum and charged nearly $300 a night!  YIKES!), We wanted to have something to offer for every budget... esp some cheap, but still nice... like a a Microtel or Holiday Inn- they had nothing of the sort that we could easily find.
Many of our guests have elected to stay in Geneva... which is only about a 15 minute drive from Glenora.  They have several hotels in different price ranges.  Many more accomodations for our guests than Watkins Glen.
We have also encouraged our guests (even the local ones) to consider staying at a B&B on the lake.  Quite a few of our local guests are using our wedding as an opportunity to take a weekend getaway with their own spouse... we couldn't be more excited!

I am sure you will find the perfect location.  Spend a day touring the Finger Lakes... it's so much fun, amazing wines and I'm sure you will find a place that you love.  Good luck!
Oh- if you go to Glenora to check it out... talk to Sherry Spotts at the Inn at the bottom of the hill about the location first... she will give you a free pass to do a wine tasting at the top of the hill... love the freedies!!!!!!  Tongue out
Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
Online Garage Sale
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
monica & kevin married 5.28.11
bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: **Mandie

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards