Florida-South Florida
Options

Dj's

Vision Dj's or Liquid Dj's? I know people are using both but how do you chose? Any difference from one to the other? I haven't heard either one so I have no clue. To be honest I love Liquid Dj's website and thats what is making me lean towards them. I'm the person to judge a book by the cover! lol

Re: Dj's

• Options
    edited December 2011
    liquid's site is way nicer than visions but after speaking with both i decided to go with visions. shannon called me at an inconvenient time to talk and when i tried to tell him i couldn't talk he just kept going, so that was a turn-off for me, personally. also, he was calling to respond to an online request for pricing, i wish he would have just sent an email. also, vision ended up being more affordable.
    best.day.ever.
    imageAnniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    PattyJosePattyJose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried contacting them? Maybe you connect connect with one better than the other. GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We picked Vision Dj's because Jorge was so fast with emails. It showed me how efficient they are.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thats funny Vision keeps calling me and didnt email a price list. Liquid had emailed right away a price list.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had the opposite problem and went with Liquid.  Meet with them both and compare.  I wanted to meet with my actual DJ for the day of the event and Vision couldn't do that for me.  I also got higher pricing from Vision and had to wait an hour to see them because they triple booked an 8 pm appointment.  Vision still calls me even though I told them a while ago I went with someone else.
  • Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shannon is awesome for sure.  He's more than just a "DJ", he helped with everything he could.  He's great. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having the same problem... I keep going back and forth.  Dasha said she'd have Shannon call me Friday after work so I could speak with him.  So hopefully I'll know more after that.  GL
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Liquid and they were awesome! Shannon stayed in touch and helped with me with timelines to get things done and super personable. Before I even booked, he had the DJ i was going to have call me so I could talk to him. They were all great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had Liquid DJs for my wedding and they were fantastic!!! I'm still in the process of writing my reviews, I am so busy with my work and school now, LOL!!!  but I decided to butt in and say a few words about them  : )

I loved Shannon! I really wanted a DJ who is young and cool and I got exactly what I wanted. The planning process, the music, everything was great. Shannon also has the best sense of humor!

As for Vision DJs, I called them once but didn't really connect with Jorge. He just gave me a price for my wedding but didn't ask what music we like, which is the most important thing, the whole conversation was kind of impersonal.
    On the other hand, when I talked to Shannon, we talked about everything, he made me laugh so many times, I just felt like I'm talking to a friend. We talked for almost an hour, it was great!!
    I was also comparing prices for uplighting later and asked Jorge to give me a quote via email. He replied very fast, which was nice, but then they spammed my mailbox with follow-up emails : )

Overall, I wouldn't rely on emails only. They don't show you the personality of a person you are dealing with. This is especially true when you are choosing a DJ because their performance is all about personal charisma or lack of it.

Definitely speak to both of them and feel for yourself : ) Good luck! : )
  • Options
    nbug222nbug222 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went with Visions because we got a better price and they usually get good reviews on here.  Liquid sounds like they are really good as well though.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol ok so its still torn! I will have to contact them personally because I haven't yet.. Still have to book venue first....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went with Visions.  Jorge seems to understand us very well (and surprisingly our love of house music haha), and the music planner on their website is great.  They gave us a great price too, but then again, I didn't check with Liquid.. just went with Vision.  GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards