Florida-South Florida
Options

Hyatt Pier 66

Hi Ladies!
I have a couple of questions and need a bit of advice.  Has anyone had any experience with the Hyatt Pier 66 in Ft. Lauderdale?  My fiance and I have looked at a lot of venues and we have found we like the Pier Top room in the Hyatt the best!  We were emailed a copy of the contract and it stated that if the Pier Top room is not "available or appropriate" in the hotel's opinion, they could assign me another room for the event.  I do not care for the other rooms in the hotel, and we are spending a lot of money for the Pier Top room.  They informed us that they would not remove this from the contract, but they can maybe reword it a bit if it would make us more comfortable.  I am nervous to lock myself into the contract and get stuck with an event space I would never have picked.  Does every hotel have this in their contract?  And, if we do decide to sign, what would I ask them to change it to to insure that I get that room?  Any advice would be much appreciated!  Thank you!

Re: Hyatt Pier 66

• Options
    I attended a wedding there last year, it is stunning at the top. But are you looking to rent the Pier Top room for the ceremony? Or the reception? 
  • Options
    We would be having the ceremony in a different room in the hotel, overlooking the garden.  The Pier Top room would be for the cocktail hour and the reception.
  • Options
    My FI and I checked them out last year and really loved their space, it was just a bit too far out of our budget. The 'not available' part seems a little odd to me- if you're signing/booking a contract it should be automatically understood as being unavailable to anyone else besides you- the people booking it. Unless you can meet with them in person soon to discuss the contract and especially that specific line and why they would insist on keeping it in- DO NOT book. You don't want to risk being bumped to another room for a higher paying party wanting the Pier Top. IMO, it is unacceptable for them to insist on keeping this language. My venue (a country club) does not have any such language in our contract. Do not accept any excuses- only an agreement to remove this clause completely. If they refuse to work with you on that- keep looking for another venue. GL!
  • Options
    Seems crazy that they says it is not appropriate as not too long ago I saw an episode of "Four Weddings" and one of the weddings was there.....
    btw, in the episode, some guests complained of being 'extra tipsy' because of the movement, lol.....
  • Options
    Thank you!  We are going to go meet with them to discuss it next Saturday so hopefully it will go well! :)
  • Options
    Seems like they may put you in a different room based on the size of your wedding. If you're only want that room, don't sign the contract unless it specifically says you'll get that room for your reception. At this point, I would also have a lawyer look at whatever you're asked to sign there. It seems a little weird to me.
  • Options
    Wondering what happened when you met with them?  My fiancé and I are having our wedding there next year.  Who did you meet with and how is going?  We'll be working with Jena.  So far she's been awesome and we're just getting started.  Any suggestions or tips if you're still planning on having your wedding there?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards