Florida-South Florida
Options

Small dance floor

I always suspected that our dance floor is a little small and now I realize that yes, it is. I mean, it's still okay, it's just not that spacious like in some reception halls because our room is for less than 100 people. We do have a big adjacent bar room and I'm sure people will be dancing there too.

So I just thought: if the dance floor is small, do I even have to spend so much time choosing a "right" DJ? I now feel like anyone could probably do a good job there. Am I right or just looking for excuses?

Re: Small dance floor

• Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It doesn't matter the size of the dance floor, the DJ is still important. He will set the mood for the whole evening, and you want him to be great and keep that dance floor packed. It doesn't matter what the size of the dance floor is, nobody will dance if the DJ sucks.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So you want a crappy DJ in order to keep people off the dance floor? I think you are looking for excuses.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay, got you. I don't want a bad DJ, no way, I'm just considering different options ;)  Will keep searching :)
  • Options
    PattyJosePattyJose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, a DJ is definitely one of the most important parts of your wedding.  Like Shannon said the other day...she went to a beautiful wedding where they spent tons of money and the DJ sucked and that is all everyone was talking about. You should check out DJ Ubi. I personally think he is awesome! =)   GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    PattyJose, I already contacted DJ Ubi :) He said it would be $595 for 4 hours. Today I started thinking about changing my package at the reception place to 5 hours instead of 4, so if I do that, then he'll be too expensive for me. But I might still go with him if we stick to 4 hours. Anyway, thank you for the reference, he really has great reviews :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards