Florida-South Florida
Options

Cake- what happens when things go wrong :)

So we had our cake tasting with Ana Paz on Friday. I placed an order Tuesday with 3 other cakes we wanted to taste. When we got there they told us they had us as a cancel which we never did cancel and I even had an e-mail confirmation from them for our meeting. I told them I had placed a special order for cakes to taste besides their 2 flavors they give you and they said that the truck from the other store would be there in 20min with those. I don't understand how they would have them made if supposedly we canceled but OK. They came out with our cake 5min later do not know how that happened so quick when they had us as a cancel. They were just little pieces on doilies. The cakes had the filling we asked for but not the flavor cake. Plus, they gave us the cake then walked away. Didn't have anyone sitting with us explaining anything or telling us they where sorry for the mix up.

All the vanilla cakes they gave us had rum and the owner said you are not suppose to taste the rum it is so little but we all did especially my FI since he does not drink alcohol. When I called to place the cake order Tuesday I told them we do not want any cake with the Rum.

After that horrible experience FI, my parents, and I decided no one eats the cake any ways. It is only there for pictures and the feeding of each other. So my FI said "why don't we get a chocolate fountain" which he has been really wanting. Feed each other strawberries dipped into the chocolate fountain. We all liked that idea and think it will be something very different and sexy. So that's the plan no cake!!!

For dessert our cater is making 3 different dessert so it is not that we needed the cake.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nursery theme!Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary

Re: Cake- what happens when things go wrong :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry for the bad experience you had. However what you guys decided on is a great idea!!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sorry you had such a horrible experience. but you gotta go with what your heart desires. enjoy the fountain. (they are mighty yummy!)
    Invited: 147 image Attending: 81 image Declined: 22 image Not Yet Replied: 44 image RSVP Date: February 28th March Siggy: 1st picture ever taken together. Ohana's restaurant at Disney's Polynesian Hotel imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Updated 7/7/10 Planning Bio
    image -mich-
  • Options
    MariMac84MariMac84 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That whole situation does sound very iffy.

But you and your FI came up with a very cute and unique idea :)
    (and you save money not having to buy the cake cutter set)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    aww Im sorry you guys had a bad experience but I really like your idea! Very creative!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry you had a bad experience. Ana Paz seems to be very hit or miss. But your idea sounds unique and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a similar experience with them - and ended up going to Ft. Lauderdale to We Take the Cake for our cake.  I love your idea of the fountain... and you have three sweets to offer~ it all sounds yummy to me! and the photos will be so fun!
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    sambrefe67sambrefe67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sorry for the bad experience, atleast you both were able to come up with an alternate decision together! =) chocolate fountain will be fun!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love chocolate fountains! Yumm..lol...and im sure it will be super cute!.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards