Honeymoon Discussions

RCI

My fianc's parents have given us a week of their RCI timeshare.We are looking for somewhere tropical perhaps somewhere in the Caribbean. We both like to have things around nearby to do and we are also looking for somewhere that is not super alcoholcentered.. Any recommendations? We'll be going about June 8th, 2014 most likely. Thanks!!!

Re: RCI

• We got the same gift from my husband's parents! We stayed at Morgan Bay in St Lucia - depending on the level of their timeshare, though, you may need to pay to be upgraded to their All Inclusive package (it isn't optional). We're not really Sandals type people, so this was great for us. Most of the guests there are actually British - not sure why, guess it's a well kept secret. It was nice and quiet, just like the pictures on the website look, and the food was pretty good (not the best I've ever eaten, but nothing to complain about, either. Some meals were fantastic, some were just good). Not much in the way of nightlife, they just have a local band that plays most nights. Because you're so close to the equator, the sun sets around 6:30 every night, so honestly by the time we ate dinner and walked around a little bit, we'd head back to the hotel and go to sleep around 9, then get up fairly early. The resort has lots of trips you can book - we did the ziplining triple adventure, horseback riding, and the rum tour. I loved all three, my husband wasn't wild about the horseback riding trip. Snorkeling is not really good since the beach is in an inlet, but other places on the island it was much better if you wanted to plan a trip somewhere else. Hope that helps!
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI's parents did the same for us! we booked a resort called the Paradisus Palma Real in Punta Cana. we did it through the sister program of RCI that will accept their points. the deal is so good they can only get it once every four years for this resort! there's a $100/day/ person all inclusive  fee though. they paid that for us too. it May have gone up though. it has like 7 restaurants on site , some nightlife, and other activities. we are Going in May so i can't tell you if it's any good or not. we did however look up what it would have cost out of pocket and it was over $6,000 not including flights!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards