Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Road Trip Honeymoon

So I'm from the beach and we will be having a beach wedding...followed by, if all goes according to plan, moving several states away. Becuase of the beach thing I don't partuclarly want a beachy honeymoon, so FI and I were discussing having a "Road Trip" honeymoon en route to our new home (should things work out!) - ordinarily the trip would take two days at a liesurely speed, but I was thinking we could spread it out to a week and stop in places like Nashville and Chicago.

Obviously it's a ways off, but we love to travel and love road tripping together, so I thought this would be fun. Any suggestions for how to make a road trip feel romantic? :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Road Trip Honeymoon

• Options
    I think this could be really fun!  I love road trips too :)  Are you totally set on doing the middle of the country?  If so, what are your starting and ending locations?

FI and I did a wonderful and very romantic road trip up the coast of Maine a few years ago.  I guess the romance came in via lots of cute B&Bs to stay in, a couples massage at a spa, many delicious candlelit dinners, and lots of walks in beautiful places, especially because we were both experiencing something new together.

I've also done a phenomenal road trip along the coast of California from Napa down to Santa Barbara.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    When I've scheduled romantic road trips, I usually pack a cooler with frozen shrimp, some cocktail sauce, other romantic foods, plus cheese & crackers, easy stuff. I then packed the picnic basket with real plates, glasses, silverware, napkins & a blanket. We stopped wherever we wanted to eat, whether in the car or somewhere lovely.

You can replenish your supplies by stopping in gourmet foodie type stores, see what other places have for gourmet delicacies.

Bring along CD's that remind you of things that you have done as a couple, plus some romantic song type CD's.

The "B&B along the way" plan sounds great. So does the occasional spa visit.

Enjoy!
  • Options
    I would definitely plan something "fun" to do each day - either a stop at a cool roadside attraction or a whole day of wine tasting, etc. Definitely look up some great, romantic restaurants on the way.

Have you been to Gatlinburg, TN? It's supposed to be quite beautiful in the fall.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards