Florida-South Florida
Options

Mother of the Bride dresses

I'm curious, where did your moms get their dresses?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Mother of the Bride dresses

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're in the process of looking now.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Mine found hers at JCPenney after going pretty much everywhere. She's a plus size so it was harder for her.

• Options
    LAKE21LAKE21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FMIL got hers at Alfred Angelo and next week when my mom comes down to visit we are going to go looking.
  • Options
    djoann958djoann958 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a MOB and I am getting mine in a local bridal shop- not David's or Alfred Angelo's. I have been to Macy's, Bloomingdales, Norstrom's and Neiman Marcus. I would find a dress I liked and either they didn't have my size or the color I wanted. I decided to go to a bridal salon so I can find a dress I like and order in my size and the color I want. I looked on the Knot at all the designers and found a few that I thought had more modern MOB dresses. That is a great place to start and then find shops that sell them. I am only in my 40s and wanted something modern and stylish. I found Jade/Jade Couture, Enzoani and a few other designers that I liked. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jade Couture is great, a little pricey but nice dresses. My mom and I are going to Alfred Angelo's this afternoon because we saw one dress on-line she liked, and I know they're more affordable.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dillard's
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm also a MOB and went through the same thing as my PA friend.  Our daughters share a wedding date!  I tried every department store and also Group USA (lots of choices there), Loehmanns, and David's Bridal.  Everything was either the wrong color or they didn't have my size when I found something I really liked.  Nothing was ever just right.  So I also decided I would have to spend a little more to get what I wanted.  I found that Unique Bridal Boutique in Deerfield Beach had by far the biggest selection of MOB dresses.  I found a beautiful one (Jasmine Jade) that I loved and it made me feel so pretty!  It was worth every penny to me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom got hers at Macys. We went to the wellington green mall first and found nothing. Then found her dress at the gardens mall.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards