Florida-South Florida
Options

Entertainment? Something Fun?

So I'm having a small wedding with 50 guests. We're not having the traditional reception, just a formal lunch, no DJ or dance floor. However, we do have an hour for the ceremony, an hour for the cocktails, and then three hours for the "reception." I want to offer some sort of entertainment or something fun for my guests, since there will be no dancing. I've thought of the photo booth, but I'm not sure that's quite right for our crowd.

Any suggestions? I'm not particularly looking for something dance related (ie: no belly dancers for instance), nor food related (no Donut Divas for example).

Help!

Re: Entertainment? Something Fun?

• Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to say photobooth.  Tongue out

How about someone who does caricatures?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am totally watching this...im having a small wedding too and am having problems figureing out the "dance floor"... so Ive been trying to find alternatives too..i even looked up magicians (i love magic shows) but i would be  it turned in to a little kids party instead of a wedding... :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanx for posting Steph, I was going to ask something like this eventually because I'm on the same boat. No photobooth for us either. We have a dj, but he won't be putting much dance music. And I see every wedding now has like something fun. Our thing is during the day too so dancing under the sun I highly doubt it. hmmm.... I can't think of anything

BTW you never told me how you know Karla, from HS???
    Stephany Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure I'll end up going the photo booth route if I can't find anything else that I love. But I have to say Court, I'm loving the caricature artist idea. That would be so awesome!

FI suggested a mariachi, which I'm less than thrilled about.

Steph: Which Karla? Lol. I know a few of them, all from HS. Hahaha.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought of palm readers?  Maybe henna tattoo's?  the caricatures are a good idea also!
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    abellabell member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

How about a saxophone player? 

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like those idea Adri! Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Karla Real, now Karla Nieves???

And yea those ideas sound awesome.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah. I've known Karla since Elementary School. We go wayyy back. Lol. Tell her I say hi and that her kiddies are adorable. I keep up on FB Wink
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's my cousin!!! lol

So if you knew her since elementary then we went to the same one, Ernest R. Graham??? But I was a grade lower than her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards