Florida-South Florida
Options

Getting Fit

Ok ladies....I've been battling getting back down to a comfortable weight for myself so lets have it. How are you guys losing weight and toning up? I've recently added walking into my workout routine. I'm hoping to see a difference in the next couple of weeks.

Re: Getting Fit

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm working out as usual (to mantain my weight) and eating whatever I want until mid-May (when I have to slim a little for my birthday. holla!).

2 months before the wedding I will start ditching heavy carbs and fats. 2 weeks before the wedding I will eat like a rabbit, and do circuit training to tone to the max.

Instead of walking you should try sprinting, walk for 5 minutes, run for 2 to the max, go back to walking for 5, etc. It burns the most fat. Good luck!
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I take classes (3 days a week) and do my own weight training and cardio. I go to the gym at least 4 days a week for no less than an hour a day.

The best way to tone is to use light weights and do a lot of repetitions.

And I know I'm going to get yelled at for this one, but it works.....squats! squats! lunges! lunges!

Also, diet is a huge factor, obviously. Cut down on sugar, starches, and salt and you'll see a big difference.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bluebookbluebook member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend the "Couch to 5K" program, which is more or less what Jenn is urging, but instead of sprinting (which if you aren't used to it, can be really harsh on your shins), it's jogging. Before doing that program I could hardly run a mile, after it, I could run 3.5 non-stop and then I could actually run up to 7 miles without stopping (not right now, when I was running more often hehe).

You can find out more here: www.c25k.com. I used the free iTunes podcasts to do it. When I was doing it, I lost one entire clothing size even though I was at the same weight as before.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was doing Jillian Michaels 30-day shred but haven't been lately....Since things are getting less hectic I'm going back to that (every other day) and including 3 mile walk/runs (sort of what like Jen described).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No carbs after 5 and little bread and sweets....along with some exercising =) It works like magic!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I drink ALOT of water! Like I drink 2 gallons a day and that has helped me alot! Other than that I dont do much..everynow and then if Im feeling fat or eat to much I will do Wii Fit.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning on losing weight/toning up closer to the wedding... My weight varies A LOT. I go up & down like nothing - and it's noticeable. So I'm giving myself another few months of enjoyable food before I become "thin Melissa" for the wedding, lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Drinking a TON of water like Karen said keeps your metabolism fast, so that's a super easy start for someone who doesn't already drink a lot of water. I also love Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, but you have to be disciplined about it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    get a stomach bug...j/k but it does keep the appetite away!
  • Options
    avee10avee10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no choice but to lose weight since my wedding is 3 months away and my dress is extremely tight on me.

I joined the gym last week, and so far I've gone everyday.  I rotate between weights and cardio.  I also signed up for bootcamp at 6am starting March 15th.  This is a major sacrifice for me because I love sleeping in and hate working out, but like I said, I  have no choice, I HAVE to lose at least 10 lbs!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LAKE21LAKE21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I go walking in the morning instead of jogging because I don't have a jogging stroller. Maybe I'll be able to jog with my regular stoller? I'll have to try tomorrow. I also do regular session on my elliptical and I just started the 30DS again.

Jillian- you are like and inspiration model. I mean that in the nicest way. You have a fantastic figure. I don't want that to seem weird. But yea.

Here I'll share my journey with you. Haha it's going to be funny.

Before my pregnancy:

My heaviest (during end of pregnancy):

Please excuse my horrible face...I was in some discomfort!

And now:

Ideally I'd like to be about 15 lbs lighter.

Thanks for all the suggestions!
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww Ashley hunny you're so sweet! Thank you! I am petite, but only bc my height (hi I am 5 1), and I do work very hard at the gym and i TRY to watch what I eat.

You can do 15 lbs, I promise!! Cardio and weights. If you have muscle tone, you will continue to burn fat all day long. And dont look at the scale as much as how you're clothes fit you. Muscle weighs more than fat and thats a fact!

BTW, you are beautiful and have a great figure! Everyone wants to tone up a little, it will be easy for you because you are already thin.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LAKE21LAKE21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Jillian you are very sweet!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been doing cardio and lifting light weights at the gym. I am trying to completely cut processed food out of my diet.  Drinking lots of water, restricting my daily caloric intake to 1000 calories or less.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol joanne!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok so you guys are all making me feel really bad!!! I was lucky and got E-Coli in december - unfortunately they cured me a few weeks ago and I'm already putting some of my e-coli weightloss back on.....

I'm trying to exercise but I hate it.  I generally eat well and I'm active but I hate the gym~ like with a passion!!!! Now I'm going to have to step it up reading what you girls are up to!  I bet you all look AMAZING on your day no matter what!
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im a water freak LOVE IT.  I also walk with weights on the boardwalk.  just started Jillian Michael 30DS.  After my birthday next weekend going on the wagon for about a month.  Hoping for 2months but got to start small.  My goal 30-35lbs by the big day.  I got faith.

geri...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards