Florida-South Florida
Options

AW: My AHR

I forgot to post!! lol Ok, I got to the Cincinnatian (http://www.cincinnatianhotel.com/) around 4pm. The MUA was right on time and my BM and I drank champagne, giggled like little girls b/c we were in such funny moods, and had some food and fun times.  Our first guests arrived at 6:30, the reception wasn't supposed to start till 7:00.Our first guests to arrive were the grandparents of my ex b/f, and one of our GM. I walked  out and was entertaining them when Mr D, goes "Emily, we were always holding out for you and Carson, :sigh: oh well..." I just looked at him and laughed, it was funny. My H didn't find it funny, but I was cracking up. Reception was a hit, the hor d' ourves were all passed except for the chesses, fruit and veggies... YUMMM, our signature drink which was a pineapple/mango belini were also passed around throughout the evening.  The wine, beer, and liquor were flowing.  The set up for the Cincinnatian is GREAT, b/c it is in a series of rooms/bridgeway. This allowed the people to speak and listen to the live jazz band and mingle, while us crazy kids were listening to "boom boom pow" in another area where the DJ was jamming away. :)We had our cake cutting, we were nice at first then he shoved it on my face... I was NOT a happy camper. But we got over it.We went and did our first dance, same song, and we still looked like 8th grades on their first dance.  However, it worked out just fine.We had different people who asked to give toasts, they were a hit.  Well almost all a hit... his parents were drunk, and just stood up there looking like idiots for a few minutes until Andy, BIL, took the mic away from them. lol The best 2 toasts of the evening contained these funny lines....BIL- Ashley, Emily, face each other, and Ashley put your hand over Emily's and look each other in the eye... (he was being dead serious) Then he goes "This will be the last time you ever have the upper hand in your relationship!" EVERYONE, including us was in tears from laughing so hard.   Then one of my sorority sisters, who was supposed to be a BM, but she was unable to travel, so she stepped down, gave a beautiful speech, and then the end came. She was comparing us to Taylor Swift's "Love Story" (he loves her) and she goes "We all know Emily's is one of the biggest princesses ever... and my FIL goes "AMEN!!" that also cause laughter to erupt throughout our guests.  After the speeches were getting a little lengthy, I took the mike away from Ashley saying Thank you and said "not only do I have the upper hand, I also always have the last word, so lets dance!" Back to everyone dancing :)We were supposed to end at midnight, at 12:45 the hotel coordinator came up to me and said you can stay later but we have to turn the DJ music down a little! WHOOPS!! We closed down the fun and hit a downtown bar, Cadillac Ranch, and continued our partying there! I passed out on the couch of the Cincinnatian waiting for Ashley to round everyone up after the bar closed b/c it was too hard for me to fit into the car w/ my hoop skirt on!! lol We made it back to our apartment around 4:00am... wow what a night...It was a blast, my dress is filthy, but in great condition, my diamond bracelet broke, but Tiffany's fixed it, and the tuxes are all returned with no complications! Oh, and MARRIED life is AMAZING :) Btw, there are pictures up on FB from the AHR (if you aren't my friend and want to be, shoot me an email eemcmahan at gmail dot com and I will add you!)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: AW: My AHR

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Find me on facebook!!!!!! i suck at finding people.Courtney Soloff :)everything sounds AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i cant find you either :( I wanna see pics!!!!! and sounds like SUCH a fun night!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     I just added both of you :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    erika1180erika1180 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i suck !! i think im the only one in the world without a facebook acct - lol ... anyway it sounds like you had an amazing night - i love the speeches !!
  • Options
    avmn10avmn10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if it's possible...sounds like your AHR was just as fun as  your actual wedding, can't ask for more then that!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It looks/sounds like your AHR was a blast! I'm so glad that you're enjoying married life :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    oyepoohoyepooh member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like sooo much fun!  Glad you enjoyed it.  :)
  • Options
    MrsLaouliMrsLaouli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww Im so glad you had a good time! I will have to check facebook when I get home. If it was anything like the wedding I am sure it was awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards