Florida-South Florida
Options

Another Question for Married Knotties

How were you able to dance in your wedding gowns? I went for my first fitting and obviously sooo not used a long somewhat poofy, tight dress on....I have no clue how I'll be able to break it down without worrying about it.I see all these pics of brides having a blast at their wedding reception like if they are wearing a normal dress. Give me some hope ladies! haha
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Another Question for Married Knotties

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I didnt have a problem at all. It felt fine. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had this concern as well which was part of why I was afraid to go w/ a gown that was super fitted. My gown is not that fitted so I'm hoping I'll be able to move around in it. BUT, I'm not a married knottie, so you didn't actually ask me! Lol!
  • Options
    JaiKriBabyJaiKriBaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had absolutely no problem, and I had a fitted bodice with a fairly large, somewhat poofy skirt.  I'd say that great alterations are key to making you feel comfortable - ie: a good bustle.  There were some moments when I picked up my skirt to aid in my busting a move lol, but otherwise I had no problems at all.   
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    it def wasnt like dancing in jeans and heels, but i worked it out :-)
  • Options
    MrsLaouliMrsLaouli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't have a poofy dress but in my dancing that night I did break my bustle and had to pin my dress up.. As for a fitted bodice with boning you don't really thin about it but for me the best feeling in the world was when I took the dress off... My boning was bent by the time I was done from dancing so much lol but I did hav a fitted bodice throuh the hips so... Ithink it really depends how tight your dress is though
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My dress was a tight corset and a very full skirt and I was concerned about dancing too!  For our first dance it just took some getting used to and I tripped a little (but no one noticed, not even DH)  Then, for the real dancing later on, I just didn't worry about it and it worked out fine.  I was just so happy to be married and with all our family and friends and I honestly wasn't even thinking about the dress!  I'm sure it will be just fine!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I am hoping with so much going on, I won't notice the dress and just have a good time!
  • Options
    citytoshore09citytoshore09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    a couple of people stepped on my train -- but otherwise, it was great! you kind of forget that you're all fluffed up because you're having so much fun. that's how i wound up wearing my heels all night!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my bussle broke bc someone stepped on it, but otherwise, it was fine
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the secret is in the shoes :)
  • Options
    MiRi81MiRi81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was fine. The trick is the shoes, I agree with that. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yea same thing my bustle snapped and i ended up taking my shoes off my dress was pretty heavy but i had a blast
  • Options
    oyepoohoyepooh member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    The shoes are important and the alcohol helps too.  LOLYou're just going to want to dance and let loose so you'll find a way.
  • Options
    MiamituscaniMiamituscani member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dress was tight and weighted a ton, I had no problems dancing. Your going to have a blast.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    btw Engaey i had the same garter lol :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh you did! woot woot. Your pics are beautiful btw!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    aww thank you i wish you the best of luck :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards