Florida-South Florida
Options

MAC make-up artist... good pricing...

Hello Ladies- So yesterday I went to the MAC counter at Macy's in Boynton to get new powder. Nicole, let me know she thought I was wearing the wrong powder even though I have been wearing it for the past few years. She put a new one on me and VOILA! She was so right. So she played around for a while and we got to talking. I asked if she does weddings (isn't that what we all do now?) cause her make-up looked great. She said she does and she charges $45 pp. I asked how much for the bride and she said, and I quote "why, are you going to wear that much more make-up then your bridesmaids"? I think that was the part where the heavens opened up and the angels started singing. I haven't gotten a quote less than about $25 extra for the bride. Lots of people were charging 75, 100. So, I plan on doing a trial with her. She said also no traveling charges or anything. So, we'll see what happens. Just wanted to let you girls know. Oh, also, those of you that used MAC artists that freelance, did you make them sign contracts? Or just hope and pray that they really do show up?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: MAC make-up artist... good pricing...

• Options
    alexisrouse00alexisrouse00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thats good to know. Can you email me her contact info, alexisrouse00 at yahoo dot com.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow- I think you found a winner- I think its stupid that they charge the bride that much more unless something additional is included- like lashes, gloss, liner, etc. Anyway, when I used Augustine (freelancer for MAC) we didnt have a contrat. I was a little nervous, but after my first at home trial with when he did my makeup for my shower, I felt comfortable with it. He was early and printed his own directions off mapquest, and was very easy. I know it totally depends on the person... but having a contract with someone who really isnt a WEDDING VENDOR doesnt mean much to me anyway. In reality they could still not show up even with the contract and then what? It's not like we are seriously going to sue... well, not me anyway. I figure that as long as you are in regular communication with them then you are fine.. just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is good pricing!
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree about the contract. Just seeing if maybe it "scared" vendors more to know that they signed something ya know? I'm hoping I don't have to deal with that but when it comes to make-up artists that are freelance it worries me a little more haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow what a deal! cant wait to see your trial pics - great find!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great tip! Thanks for sharing. Would you mind passing her info to me as well? faeriedust500@gmail.com TIA!
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  That is awesome.  Would you mind giving me her info as well.  Cinthian22@yahoo.com.  Thanks! =)
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW thats amazing pricing!! Good find! I am using a mac girl from the gardens mall for my epics this saturday and most likely for the wedding, but didnt sign a contract. I might hire your girl to do the bridesmaids. Thanks!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    smhill_99smhill_99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    can i get her info.....make up is the next vendorsasha
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sure, email me at zobo410 at yahoo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    oyepoohoyepooh member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    That IS a good price.  And I love "the heavens opened up and and the angels started singing" -  you crack me up!!!!!  But it IS stupid that they charge so much more for the brides. 
  • Options
    rclnd83rclnd83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think that's a great price.  Always have pictures and ideas of the styles you like and the look that you're trying to achieve. I think you'll be ok. If it goes all wrong, just wash it off and start again.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    may I have her contact too?mmedlicott@gmail.com
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow zobo! that's amazing pricing! can't wait to see your trial!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you may have found a hidden gem. Hopefully all the knotties demanding her services won't jack up the prices. I know you said no travel fees but I wonder if she'd be willing to come all the way down to Miami to do my girls... b/c if she would I'm sooo very interested!
  • Options
    Soon2bSalazarSoon2bSalazar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there... That is a great find... do you mind sending me her info as well?  nicole62877@yahoo.com I appreciate it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i would love her info too. Lmgomberg@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards