Florida-South Florida
Options

NWR: A rant. A long rant.

Let's go way back.. 3 years ago, some little moron rear ended my car while yapping on his phone. I took the car to get fixed at a shop FI had used before. Ok, all was fine. Even had a warranty for the work. Good!About a few months ago I noticed an odd smell in my car. I was constantly spraying Febreeze on the way to and from work and it would come back. After a few weeks of this, I started poking around my car and discovered a leak in the trunk of my car. The carpet had been soaked, the wooden panel that covers the spare was semi-soaked and there was a pool of water about an inch high where the tire sat. It had been accumulating there for some time. Suddenly, all the little clues I had seen before made sense.. The condensation on the glass, the moist trunk lining, etc. About a month ago, during this lovely monsoon season, I took a Saturday and cleaned it all out, air dried the carpet and left that trunk immaculate. Every time it rained, I monitored the leak and have been doing this since. Today I got the car washed and once again inspected the trunk as soon as I got home. The right side was dry. I lifted the lining (the board/cover for the spare is currently in the back porch) and saw minor water collecting around the spare. I thought I'd check the left side. The carpet felt dry.. but when I lifted it, the bottom of it was soaked and there was a puddle there. I figured out what side was leaking!Upon further inspection and me sitting in the trunk while FI sprayed that side of the car with the hose, we narrowed it down to where the water was coming in through. FI decided to test the right side by pouring water in the same spot between the car and tail light. Nothing. Ok good. While I'm squatting on the floor for whatever reason, I notice a crack and chipped paint on this tiny section of the bumper. Not. happy. It's looking at me. It's all I can see at this point. This was 2 out of 3 accidents within a 15 month period. The third hasn't been fixed, cosmetically, yet. I remembered which dealer I went to for which repair... and the warranty! I finish up and come inside to find my copy of all the paper work. And there it is in black and white: 3 year warranty on paint against peeling, cracking or fading.YES!! Good! Free repair!! I frantically search for the date they returned my car to me.. 7/25/2006.4 days ago. The warranty expired 4 days ago.$&*#!$Ugh.. Thanks for letting me get that out.. =\

Re: NWR: A rant. A long rant.

• Options
    tiana531tiana531 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    omggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!! thats the worst. Did you call anyway?! you should and bug the sh*t out of them until they honour it because its only a week. customers first!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Craziness!! I agree with pp, try it. You never know.
  • Options
    ayanapoohayanapooh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely contact them.  You never know.  They should give you a discount if nothing else.  But rant and rave and see what you get first. Sorry you're going through this and GL.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh Irene what a nightmare, and the salt in your wound being the 4 day agp expiration - ughhhh. Call - you never, ever know.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm soooooo sorry to hear that! Try calling anyway...it's only been a couple of days...they might work something out with you! Good luck!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    AHHHHHHHH  that is the worst feeling!!!!I have the same thing going on with my trunk from someone rearending me while I was stopped at a light....ugh pay attention people
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards