Florida-South Florida

Back from Honeymoon- Reviews

Well I am back from my honeymoon (loved Paris and Rome!!!!)I am doing reviews for some of my vendors, it would take too long to do reviews for everybody.JI- A++++.  It was simply amazing, EVERYONE just raved about the location.  After I booked JI there were some concerns about them on this board.  But I must say that I personally never had any issues with them.  They were always available to answer all questions via phone and e-mail.  The staff there (steve and steven) are great and very knowledgeable.  People were raving about the view and the food and the open bar. They had everything together, it's obvious that they have been doing this for a long time.  I was not there for the cocktail hour (was taking pictures) but every one was very happy with the setting and the view.  The view was very important to me, this is why I chose JI and I am glad that other people appreciated it as well. I could go on and on and on because it was wonderful.Flowers by Simone A+. I did not deal with them personally, my wedding planner did.  The flowers were beautiful.  She also did some draping for our dance floor, it was very beautiful as well (this was a surprise from my wedding planner, I didn't know about it in advance)Cake.  sweets by lucila A+. again my wedding planner deal with her, but the cake was beautiful.....The only people I had issues with were the Limo, they failed to pick up the bridesmaids, they went to pick them up at the wrong location, somebody from the church had to go back to the house to pick up the bridesmaid, making the wedding an hour late.  But I am not going to mention their name, because they have a good relationship with my wedding planner and I've heard that never happened before and that the person is no longer working there.  Other then that they were great because we used them for the bachelorette party and the bachelor party.  That's it for now...

Re: Back from Honeymoon- Reviews

• alexisrouse00alexisrouse00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yaay, I'm glad everything went great. Can't wait to see pics! Do you have any teasers?
  • muddiliciousmuddilicious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am sooo very happy that JI didn't disappoint you and your guest and had it together.  My guests were also very happy with them (well minus dinner).  I guess Ingrid and I just got married at a bad time for them.Anyway - I am soooo happy for you and kudos to getting a good cake vendor. I wish I would have done that.Paris and Rome - oh I am jealous. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lady D-I'm a JI bride to be, and I'm curious to know why you didn't go with the offered cake vendors? Muddi-who did you choose for your cake?
  • edited December 2011
    sounds like you had a great wedding! congrats and thanks for the reviews.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh - Edda's.  Don't get me wrong, my cake was beautiful.  But, it tasted blech and their customer service blows (both CG and Doral).  My opinion of them (after my experiece and reading countless knottie reviews) is that they are either really good or really bad.I should have insisted on getting a credit and getting my own baker.  There are so many in Miami that are more consistant and with similar price points. Why risk getting a bad tasting cake?  We had so much cake leftover it was sooo funny!!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Muddi-Had you tried Ana?
  • edited December 2011
    Alexis can u email me at jsabina@ufl.edu
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No. I didn't try Ana, b/c I had heard pretty much the same reviews.  Again, either really good or really bad.  Plus, she was a pain to get a tasting with (I live in Nor Cal).  Even though I visit Miami often, I was trying to fit in alot during my visits, so I didn't bother even doing a tasting with her.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gotcha, thanks Muddi! Lady D-sorry for hi-jacking your post, please forgive me.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh Jessie-YGM
  • Lady_DLady_D member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The food was excellent, very well seasoned, I received compliment from a lot of people.  I am from the island and most of my guest were also, we are very critical of food and I must say, everybody were raving about the food.In reference to vthe cake endors:  I was not aware that you had to choose their vendors.... From the beginning I told them I already had the cake vendor- my planner already had a relationship with the cake vendor.   the only thing is that I had to choose a design from her website, if I brought my own design I think she would have charged additional, but it was find with me.JI was very, very flexible with me in terms of adding things and removing things from their package.  I would add that, they had another party next door, a high school reunion.  we had the back 2/3 of the ballroom.  We were promised that they would not come to our part at al.  there were no interruption from anybody, other then when I saw them on my way to my ballroom we forgot that they were there
  • edited December 2011
    alexis ygm back :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I see! I'm so excited, that sounds awesome. Most of my guest are from the Islands to, I was afraid of them critiquing (sp) the food, but I feel much more comfortable now.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jessie-I didn't get it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards