Florida-South Florida
Options

Dress Shopping Poll:

Good morning pretty ladies! I'm going dress shopping on Saturday (Eeek!) and I need your help. 1. Where did you get your dress from? 2. How many different stores did you go to? 3. How long after you tried on dresses did you finally make your choice? 4. Do you think its worth it for me to go from Wellington (PBC) to miracle mile to try on dresses? Why or why not? 5. Does this post make me look fat?

Re: Dress Shopping Poll:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't gone dress shopping, but...1) You're in Welly World!? We're neighbors and I'm in Wellington allllll the time. My parents own a business off 411 and Lake Worth. 1.5) I haven't been down to miracle mile yet myself, but before driving all that way... way not look locally? If you don't find anything you like, then maybe head over there.2.) This is the most flattering post I've ever seen on you :P
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    JaiKriBabyJaiKriBaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Where did you get your dress from? Found at Rashawn Rose in Weston, but purchased from RK Bridal for 60% less.2. How many different stores did you go to? 33. How long after you tried on dresses did you finally make your choice? Immediately after I tried it on, I knew.4. Do you think its worth it for me to go from Wellington (PBC) to miracle mile to try on dresses? Why or why not? Can't help with this one, sorry :) 5. Does this post make me look fat? If you mean your photo, absolutely not silly...you look fantastic!
  • Options
    erika1180erika1180 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Where did you get your dress from? alfred angelo2. How many different stores did you go to? 23. How long after you tried on dresses did you finally make your choice? 2 days4. Do you think its worth it for me to go from Wellington (PBC) to miracle mile to try on dresses? Why or why not? i heard great things about miracle mile so if you are willing to take a trip - sure !! 5. Does this post make me look fat???? uuummm no !!! do you need an internet hug this morning ... j/k !!yay !!! have fun dress shopping ...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Where did you get your dress from? Coronet's Bridal *Philadelphia*2. How many different stores did you go to? 1 and a half. I went to Coronets first... fell in love with my dress. Walked in to Davids Bridal, hated everything and left. 3. How long after you tried on dresses did you finally make your choice? I think I may have rushed.. I found my dress, stopped looking and bought it 3 weeks later.4. Do you think its worth it for me to go from Wellington (PBC) to miracle mile to try on dresses? Why or why not? I don't know. I can't help. BUT - I also tried 5 dresses on TOTAL... I just fell in love and stopped looking. Maybe try your local stores first?? Then if nothing, drive to Miami!5. Does this post make me look fat? you're gorgeous ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Where did you get your dress from? Rashawn Rose Couture2. How many different stores did you go to? Before or after I bought my dress lol! I had some dress remorse and went to a bunch of stores after I bought it3. How long after you tried on dresses did you finally make your choice? 3rd dress - hence the 2nd guessing4. Do you think its worth it for me to go from Wellington (PBC) to miracle mile to try on dresses? Why or why not? only if the brand of dresses you want to try on is there - or you can try local shops first and then hit up miracle mile later if you dont find it.5. Does this post make me look fat? no, it's quite slimming - dress polls are the new black.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    EliNickEliNick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Where did you get your dress from? Alegria's Bridal in Coral Gables2. How many different stores did you go to? Two3. How long after you tried on dresses did you finally make your choice? Tried on about 10 dresses between the two stores.  Yeah, I couldn't be bothered.  I picked the one that looked the most decent. :)4. Do you think its worth it for me to go from Wellington (PBC) to miracle mile to try on dresses? Why or why not? It is worth it to go to Miracle Mile IMO because there are so many bridal shops there, you are bound to find a dress! 5. Does this post make me look fat? Absolutely.  A Fatty McFatty. :) j/k
  • Options
    mayda<3lestermayda<3lester member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Where did you get your dress from? David's Bridal2. How many different stores did you go to? 23. How long after you tried on dresses did you finally make your choice? It took me almost a month to decide on it. Advice: Don't rush it, you will find THE dress and you will know it.4. Do you think its worth it for me to go from Wellington (PBC) to miracle mile to try on dresses? Why or why not? They have a great selection of Bridal stores in Miracle Mile. I say give it a try.5. Does this post make me look fat? no :)
  • Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  Where did you get your dress from?  Davids Bridal2.  How many different stores did you go to? Just 13.  How log after you tried on dresses did you finally make your choice?  I made it that day.4.  Do you think its worth it for me to go from Wellington (PBC to miracle mile to try on dresses? Why or why not? Eh, this depends, I think you should look up here in PBC and if you really dont like anything then make a trip down south.5.  Does this make me look fat?  hellzz no!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was fishing for compliments. J/k. Thank you all (I guess I will get my teeth unsewn then) TtotheG: I grew up here! I take the back way to and from work so I always pass lw n 441! Eli: It does? Maybe its all the gold in the background. Goldie: I thought sarcasm was the new black. Keep em coming ladies. I have an appt at CP at 10 but I'm not sure if I want to take that trip.
  • Options
    rclnd83rclnd83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
       I did the Miracle Mile walk to ALL the stores. I must have tried on a GAZILLION dresses, I would like to say 4-7 from each store.    I found the ONE in Alegria's Brides. The dress felt right and tingly all inside.    If you can,try to apt. with the stores you like. As for me I was lucky because I did my dress shopping during the weekdays. About PBC, can't help you there.Good Luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol - sarcasm is ALWAYS in style ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ahh! I'm always in the Market Place at Wellington. The one with the Winn-Dixie! I sort of grew up in Wellinton too... I guess? lol I rode horses, so Wellington was my spot! I even remember when it was nothing but farm land. lol
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    murrc2murrc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Where did you get your dress from? Bellisima Bride in Deerfield Beach 2. How many different stores did you go to? 5 3. How long after you tried on dresses did you finally make your choice? I think I always knew it was "the One" which I found on shopping day 2 about a month before I decided but I found it at Patricia South's in Plantation and it was about $500 more than I wanted to spend so I kept looking, I went to Bellissima and they were able to order it for $300 less 4. Do you think its worth it for me to go from Wellington (PBC) to miracle mile to try on dresses? Why or why not? I've never been to Miracle Mile, I'd try to do what you can locally 5. Does this post make me look fat? Of course not =) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    image Cathy & Chris January 30, 2010 image Isabella and Olivia Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Where did you get your dress from? Sue Gordon Bridal2. How many different stores did you go to? 53. How long after you tried on dresses did you finally make your choice? I tried it on Saturday, put a deposit on Monday. Still looked after that but realized it was THE ONE.4. Do you think its worth it for me to go from Wellington (PBC) to miracle mile to try on dresses? Why or why not? Yes bc they have a huge selection of different designers, plus the Priscilla of Boston store, which is an experience all itself. 5. Does this post make me look fat? Not in the slightest!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    T2G: I've been here since the 80's. I live by the market place! Email me: bebekah@aol.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Where did you get your dress from? Priscilla of Boston in Coral Gables 2. How many different stores did you go to? About 6 or 7 3. How long after you tried on dresses did you finally make your choice? About 1.5 months. 4. Do you think its worth it for me to go from Wellington (PBC) to miracle mile to try on dresses? Why or why not? YES! Reason being that there is such a huge selection there. You can hit up 3 or 4 stores and make your trip very much worth while. Alternatively, you could try stores closer to you... like in Boca and FtLauderdale and then if you haven't found your dream dress THEN go to the Gables, but I think CG has the largest number of stores in one area for sure! 5. Does this post make me look fat?Nope. But it does make you funny! ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Where did you get your dress from? Allegra in Coral Gables2. How many different stores did you go to? about 63. How long after you tried on dresses did you finally make your choice? It took me about 3-4 weeks, but the moment I tried "the dress" on, I knew.  I actually thought twice about trying it on because it was out of my price range, but eventually I gave in.  I love my dress!4. Do you think its worth it for me to go from Wellington (PBC) to miracle mile to try on dresses? Why or why not? Yes!  There are so many stores to chose from (I read somewhere that it is the block with the most bridal shops in the world).  Make an event of it.  Have lunch and one of the delicious restaurants and take your time walking up and down Miracle Mile.5. Does this post make me look fat? Don't be silly!
  • Options
    rrive008rrive008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Where did you get your dress from? Coral Gables Bridal2. How many different stores did you go to? about 7 in one day3. How long after you tried on dresses did you finally make your choice? i fell in love with one that day but i had tried on so many dresses that i was overwhelmed. so i went home and a month later went back to pay for the one i loved...then my mom's eyes open wide and points to another dress, i tried it on and BINGO. i ended up with a different dress than the one i had gone to pay for :o)4. Do you think its worth it for me to go from Wellington most places carry certain designers. look them up to see who they carry. i guess it doesnt hurt to go there, just do your homework so you can get as much done in a day since you're traveling from so far.5. Does this post make me look fat? um no.
  • Options
    PinkShoesGalPinkShoesGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Where did you get your dress from?  Coral Gables Bridal2. How many different stores did you go to? 43. How long after you tried on dresses did you finally make your choice? 2 months 4. Do you think its worth it for me to go from Wellington (PBC) to miracle mile to try on dresses? Why or why not? I loved going to CG because it was a fun day. Like a PP said, you could have lunch and take your time walking around.5. Does this post make me look fat? Never!
    TTC since May 2011 "Natural" BFP 1/2/2012 with cp 1/5/2012 5/2012: SA and CD 3 bloodwork perfect 6/2012: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN 8/2012: HSG all clear. Clomid TI cycle canceled due to thin lining 9/2012: Lap and Hysteroscopy: mild endo, uterine fibroids and septum, and ovarian cyst all removed
  • Options
    susanjane82susanjane82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Where did you get your dress from?  Davids Bridal in WPB 2. How many different stores did you go to? Just 1 3. How long after you tried on dresses did you finally make your choice?  Bought my dress the same day I tried them on. 4. Do you think its worth it for me to go from Wellington (PBC) to miracle mile to try on dresses? Why or why not?  Sure, make a day out of it. :) 5. Does this post make me look fat? Of course not!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Where did you get your dress from? Chic Parisian (review in bio)2. How many different stores did you go to? at least 303. How long after you tried on dresses did you finally make your choice? 5-6 months 4. Do you think its worth it for me to go from Wellington (PBC) to miracle mile to try on dresses? Why or why not? Yes, b/c its an experience down there in and of itself. But I would pick 3-4 stores MAX and make a timeline. Have luch, enjoy the day. 5. Does this post make me look fat? phat not fat.
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Where did you get your dress from? Chic Parisien Bridal2. How many different stores did you go to? 63. How long after you tried on dresses did you finally make your choice?  I bought it the same day they had a huge sale, and I couldn't resist.4. Do you think its worth it for me to go from Wellington to Miracle Mile to try on dresses? Why or why not? Yes!  But I would only go when they are having sales and negotiate. Make em work.5. Does this post make me look fat? Not at all!  You look fab. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Where did you get your dress from? Victoria's Bridal Couture on Las Olas 2. How many different stores did you go to? Oh man. 7. 3. How long after you tried on dresses did you finally make your choice? I visited these stores over a three week time frame, but once i found her i knew & I ordered on the spot. 4. Do you think its worth it for me to go from Wellington (PBC) to miracle mile to try on dresses? Why or why not? YES YES YES! I went to Miracle Mile, and though I didn't buy my dress from a store there, you have SO many options! 5. Does this post make me look fat? haha no. You make your FI look good :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! You guys are the bomb diggity!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Where did you get your dress from? MARIOLKAS IN BOYNTON BEACH2. How many different stores did you go to? OMG LIKE 53. How long after you tried on dresses did you finally make your choice? NEXT DAY4. Do you think its worth it for me to go from Wellington (PBC) to miracle mile to try on dresses? Why or why not? IM FROM ROYAL PALM BEACH AND I WENT TO MIRACLE MILE I TRIED ON ABOUT 50 DRESSES, NOTHING WOWED ME AAAAND THE WERE ALL WAY ABOVE MY BUDGET!!5. Does this post make me look fat? LOL UR TOO CUTE :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    alexisrouse00alexisrouse00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Where did you get your dress from?    DB (David's Bridal)2. How many different stores did you go to?    Just one, I found her there.3. How long after you tried on dresses did you finally make your choice?    The second I put it on4. Do you think its worth it for me to go from Wellington (PBC) to miracle mile to try on dresses? Why or why not?    I think its work it. But I would try locally first, and if you don't find it there, say hello to Miracle Mile.5. Does this post make me look fat?    LOL, of course not.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have no real help here and my dress shopping experience was an emo mess!But anyway if you're in Wellington, why don't you come down to Boynton for the g2g next Tues. <--question mark doesn't work on my broken laptop! I'd say lets carpool but I'm meeting with my DOC beforehand. Let me know j.caballero29@gmail.com :-)
  • Options
    muddiliciousmuddilicious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Dress shopping is fun!!!! Bring a strapless bra, heels, and some demure panties.1. Where did you get your dress from? Amy Kuschel in San Fransisco2. How many different stores did you go to? 8 in 4 cities in 2 states.3. How long after you tried on dresses did you finally make your choice? I think it took a month and a half4. Do you think its worth it for me to go from Wellington (PBC) to miracle mile to try on dresses? Why or why not? Yes, search far and wide to find her.  I also did Miracle Mile and was happy with the selection of reasonable stores as compared to other regions.5. Does this post make me look fat?No, but your booty looks hot in it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. I have no dress.2. Only 1, Priscilla of Boston. Ok, well technically 2. I made an appointment at J. Del Olmo, but ran late. When my 7 BM and I walked in absolutely no one even addressed the 8 of us standing there for almost 5 minutes! So we just went to my POBoston appt early...and they were GREAT!3. N/A4. Heck yea! There are so many stores to visit! You don't have to purchase the dress where you try it on, so might as well hit em all up :-)5. No. You're stunning!
  • Options
    K.IsabellaK.Isabella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Where did you get your dress from? Priscilla of Boston Coral Gables Florida 2. How many different stores did you go to? hahah like 10 3. How long after you tried on dresses did you finally make your choice? i finally saw the dress of my dreams in January after MONTHS of searching and it was something i completely didn't expect to like and vision myself in. 4. Do you think its worth it for me to go from Wellington (PBC) to miracle mile to try on dresses? Why or why not? sure why not? it's worth a try you just never know where you'll find the dress of your dreams it's worth a chance 5. Does this post make me look fat? no way girly you look great!
    I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine: This is my beloved, and this is my friend.-Song of Solomon image image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards