Florida-South Florida
Options

DJ: your input please

The DJ that we super, duper, uber, really want finally got back to us and gave us a quote.  (I'm so psyched!)  We also have 2 excellent quotes from 2 other DJs whom we would've gone with had the DJ not gotten back to us at all.  With that said, we haven't booked anyone.  Before we book, we want to compare the DJ (he's well known in Miami throughout the bilingual hispanic music and party scene.  He's willing to switch his schedule for us!) with DJs in the wedding industry.Question:  What is the average price for a wedding DJ?  How many hours?  What does it include?Please give me your input.  I want to get back to him by the end of the weekend.  I mean, I don't care if my flowers are crappy.  I'm gonna have the coolest DJ, right????   (LOL)

Re: DJ: your input please

• Options
    tazdvl3tazdvl3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DJ was $650 for 4 hours.
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DJ is $595 for five hours.  GL!
  • Options
    SarahNESarahNE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a steel drumist for an hour(ceremony) and a DJ for 4 hours(reception). It was $950 total. Includes equipment, travel, setup/breakdown, and lighting.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    $695 for 5 hours... but we got a discounted rate of $495. HTH :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    muddiliciousmuddilicious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we had the ceremony set up and 5 hours of music for $750.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey! I'm paying $595 for 4 hours! We negotiated our price down. HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are paying $595 for 4hrs. HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Same as the girls above $595 for 4 hours
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm paying $500 for 4 hours. HTH and GL!!
  • Options
    oyepoohoyepooh member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I used one of these radio guys so I'm wondering who you're talking about.  :)  Anyway, we paid a lot more than the others on here - $1100 (I think) for 5 hours (including cocktail hour). I didn't meet with anyone else and went straight to him because I had seen him work before.  This was a no-brainer for me and we were very pleased in the end.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your input, girls.Oyepooh, he's not a radio DJ.  His name is DJ Pauer, or Toto Gonzalez, and he's a promoter/designer/DJ for the bicultural/bilingual hispanic not-so-mainstream music scene.  He spins at La Covacha on Saturday nights.  We're super excited with the possibility of booking him!
  • Options
    oyepoohoyepooh member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    oh ok Ana, well, you'll certainly have GREAT music then.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards