Florida-South Florida
Options

Married knottie vendor poll/question

Ive read that your not required to tip vendor if they are the owner.  My photog, DJ & uplighting vendors are all owners.  My venue already has a 22% house charge included as well.Did any of you tip or not tip and how did you feel about it and why?Also - did you tip your florist?TIA!

Re: Married knottie vendor poll/question

• Options
    JaiKriBabyJaiKriBaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did not tip anyone who was the owner of the company - photographer, DJ, uplighting, florist, etc. That being said, I did tip my hair and makeup person (even though she was the owner) because I felt she went so above and beyond that day that it was warranted. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All of my vendors were the owners except for my live music and dj, and obviously the resort.  I did tip those non-owner vendors, and I also tipped my hair and make up artist (25%) b/c I thought they deserved it! If my other vendors had not been the owners, I would have definitely tipped them. As for your florist, I would tip them just the same as any other vendor, given that they are not the owner.  GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hmmm I'm gonna have a hard time with this.. MY DJ is a co owner so that mean I don't need to tip him? The Makeup and Hair lady is also the owner but her assistants that would be doing the bridal party are not... DO I have to tip then AND her?  My Photog is not the owner so I assume he should get a tip right but then my video guy is owner so no tip?This is so confusing... sigh...
  • Options
    muddiliciousmuddilicious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We tipped everyone, including vendors who were owners, to show our appreciation for a job well done.
  • Options
    mayda<3lestermayda<3lester member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As pp said, we tipped everyone that was providing services during our Wedding (not being dropped off like flowers/Uplighting) because they really went above and beyond for us.
  • Options
    tazdvl3tazdvl3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anyone that gave a service received a tip: Make-up (owner) Hair (owner) DJ (owner) DOC (owner) Ceremony Music (owner) Catering was already included.
  • Options
    muddiliciousmuddilicious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will add, that if I wasn't happy, I wouldn't tip them.  I didn't feel forced (except for my venue).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We tipped the hair and makeup people, the event coordinator at our venue, and the head catering person in charge at our venue.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards