Honeymoon Discussions

Secrets Tipping Question

I'm interested in doing Secrets in Mexico.  Do you tip the wait staff or anyone else?  I think I read somewhere that at Sandals tipping is not allowed.  What about Secrets?  Ideally, I'd like to go to a place where I don't have to worry about tipping.

Re: Secrets Tipping Question

• You certainly do not have to, but you will find that some people choose to tip. We stayed at Secrets Capri in Rivera Maya and occasionally tipped the pool bartenders or the wait staff during dinner time. Also, when we checked in the guy assisting us upgraded us to a beachfront walk out suite (the nicest ones there) so we gave him a nice tip.
    Again, you do not have to, but tipping these folks even a dollar or two goes a long way and is greatly appreciated.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Learning to make a good brisket is only the beginning. www.shiksatoyenta.wordpress.com
  • agree with pp.  Tipping isn't required; however you'll see a lot of people doing it and you may get better service if you do

(for the most part, I think this holds true at any chain of AI's; including Sandals)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_secrets-tipping-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:f2ffc4e7-a40d-4cd5-aca3-4f1ad755c2baPost:835f17f7-00ab-4390-a411-6ae34e241d9c">Re: Secrets Tipping Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]agree with pp.  Tipping isn't required; however you'll see a lot of people doing it and you may get better service if you do (for the most part, I think this holds true at any chain of AI's; including Sandals)
    Posted by hz80408[/QUOTE]

<div>This- our good friends went to Sandals La Toc and they said that while tipping isn't required, they still did tip for some things.  We're going to Secrets Maroma and plan to bring some cash (smaller bills), but probably won't tip at every single meal.  </div>
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_secrets-tipping-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:f2ffc4e7-a40d-4cd5-aca3-4f1ad755c2baPost:4af63d0d-dd17-4f28-8510-3971c3a3a174">Re: Secrets Tipping Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Secrets Tipping Question : We're going to Secrets Maroma and plan to bring some cash (smaller bills), but probably won't tip at every single meal.  
    Posted by skpurnell[/QUOTE]
     We HMed at Secrets Maroma and tipped; not usually at breakfast (they weren't that great about drinks/water) or lunch; but dinner was usually $3-$5.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards