Florida-South Florida
Options

Photography Nightmare

Ok so I'm freaking out a little bit becuase I'm worried about wedding pictures. One of my FMIL's friends told me what happend to her pix. After her wedding, her photographer pretty much fell off the face of the planet and just disappeared and they received ZERO wedding pictures from him! They tried contacting him and everything and he seemed to close shop and just pack up and move. What a nightmare! They only have like 10 wedding pictures. Isn't that sad???So anyway, I'm thinking about hiring a photographer student from the university I used to work at as a backup photographer just in case. It'll only cost me around $200. Am I being a bit too paranoid or do you think it'll be worth it? I figured by having two photographers, we wont miss ANYTHING going on at the wedding lol Advice?

Re: Photography Nightmare

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd sue the photographer. A good reputable photog would never do this because he knows that his/her name and future business is on the line. I think your being paranoid.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As long as you have a legally binding contract with rights to your images you should be A-OK. If hiring the 2nd photog gives you peace of mind, $200 isnt bad but I honestly doubt something like that would happen. I would check your current contract - mine states that I cannot have other paid pro photogs there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you should be fine with one just do your research and make sure its someone legit, but if you are going to have a 2nd photographer for $200 that is not too bad.  I would have the 2nd just to see the different styles of photography.
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i don't think it would be a big deal to hire a second photog, but definetely check your current contract; because mine also says that i can't have any paid pro photogs there.p.s who are you thinking of using? which student? because i am looking for a student photographer to shoot my eparty...i had someone but he cancelled on me last minute :(
  • Options
    aidab21aidab21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that hiring another photographer is a big mistake.  If you don't trust your current photographer maybe that photographer might not be the one for you.  You need to meet these people and be comfortable that they have been doing this for a while and that they are not going to take off.  One thing I can think of is that if the student photographer doesn't know what he is doing he might interfere with the photographer and if you have a video the videographer.  I've worked on weddings before and the people who are documenting the wedding need to know what they are doing and work together so they don't step on each others feet.  Again,  Maybe the person you hired is not the right one.
  • Options
    tylerandremtylerandrem member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most photography contracts state you can't have a second photog there.  Also, you wouldn't want you second one to ruin the amazing pics you paid so much for your first photog to capture by being in the way.I had this same worry at one time, but stick with your gut and get the amazing photos you deserve.  That feeling of nervousness will pass. HTH! Tyler
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards