Honeymoon Discussions

AI questions

Hey all! 

My first question is what is the difference between Sandals, and Secrets. Which is nicer, or does it vary depending on the resort. 

I would LOVE to go to Sandals Grande St Lucia, but it looks like for 7 days, in September its about $6,000 with flight ( CA). I am not sure if that's a good deal or not? 

We were originally wanting to stay around $3-4 thousand,stay at an AI & we don't want to do Mexico.

Any recommendations? I know Jamaica is a bit cheaper, what is the nicest AI Jamaica resort?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: AI questions

• You need to make up your mind about whether you want the nicest or the most affordable.  Obviously 3-4 grand isn't buying you the nicest. So why ask about it?  Adjust your expectations and do some research on travel sites. Write down your list of must have features and start searching for resorts that include those.

My suggestion: adult only resorts -- children are a menace, especially for a honeymoon. 
  • A lot of ladies on here say the Sandals are way overpriced and you can get similar experience if not a better experience at places like Secrets for a lot less money.

I think a lot of people just want to go to Sandals because it is the only All Inclusive they have heard of and their are advertisements for it all the time.

• The Caves, Moondance Cliffs, Moondance Villas are very nice, boutique AI resorts. If you want a chain, many like the Couples resorts. Secrets are very nice as well.  Depending on when you want to travel, you can probably get a decent deal. My H and I are staying at the Moondance Cliffs in a 1 bedroom villa with butler service for under $4000.  We just searched until we found a great deal.  Our second choice was the Caves which would have been around the same price at the time we booked.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_ai-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:f327c1fc-8f7d-4688-88e9-ba4f43a0c1d8Post:1ded0e8e-1cab-4de9-9646-aa02995a9b9c">Re: AI questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]A lot of ladies on here say the Sandals are way overpriced and you can get similar experience if not a better experience at places like Secrets for a lot less money. I think a lot of people just want to go to Sandals because it is the only All Inclusive they have heard of and their are advertisements for it all the time.
    Posted by dazyabbey[/QUOTE]

<div>I couldn't have said this better. Sandals are known to be very over advertised and overpriced. Friends of ours paid more to honeymoon at Sandals in St. Lucia than we did to honeymoon in Fiji. I find that absolutely ridiculous.. we went all the way to Fiji and stayed at a couples only resort that only accomodated up to 36 people at a time, and we had our own bure (villa) and paid less than our friends who went to Sandals. </div><div>
    </div><div>Sandals resorts are beautiful, and they are adults only and all inclusive but so are Secrets, Excellence, and Couples resorts and they're much cheaper. HTH!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards