Florida-South Florida
Options

REALLY wish we could afford rehearsal dinner

Are you guys having one? How much are you spending for this? I just don't think it's in our budget but I REALLY want it to be

Re: REALLY wish we could afford rehearsal dinner

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You should page Lissette (tazdvl3). She had an awesome RD where she ordered bbq from a local place and had a get together at someone's house. Just an option! There's always ways to do it besides a fancy dinner :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You dont have to go all out if your budget doesnt permit - you can have a fun at home BBQ or subs at home. It can be as informal as you want, you def dont have to have it at a restaurant :) We are only inviting people in the wedding party (and their sig other) which is helping to save some $$ too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought of having a barbecue instead of a formal rehearsal dinner.  I am doing this.  We'll be getting meats and alcohol from Costco.  It is less expensive than having it at a restaurant.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jennej24jennej24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having one, but I haven't figured out the details (or budget) yet. I think you should definitely have one, at least for your bridal party. They are taking time out of their day to come to your rehersal. Also, I think it is a nice way for members of the bridal party who might not know each other to get together before the wedding.  I don't think it has to be anything fancy though, or include alcohol. It could just be bbq catered at your house. Depending on the size of your party and how close you live to your venue, maybe it could even cook it at your house. I have heard of people getting good prices from Buca di Beppo. Also, not sure when you are getting married, but I was in a wedding that was on Sunday and they had the rehersal on Saturday around 11am and did a rehersal brunch which was very nice (and probably not too pricey).Good luck, I hope you find something that will work with your budget.
  • Options
    sarita2010sarita2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend hired a crepe maker they set up it was super cute and super awesome! yummy yummy, they had crepes (they had like 10 options) rice bean etc, chicken cesar, and the dessert ones. They hired a bartender and bought the drinks themselves and ordered some tables and made their own arrangements.. It was super fun and everyone loved it.. Just an idea. I think it was less than 1500.. you can always cut cost by just serving wine and not hiring a bartender put wine bottles in a chiller in each table.. just an idea :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you can even do pizza at a local rest on the beach. Pizza Rustica is a great option. Like everyone said, it doesnt have to be pricey.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did a two-fold thing for about $500 total.We did a rehearsal lunch for just the people involved in the wedding. We ate at Scotty's in the Grove and it was $300 including tax and tip. Then we did sandwich platters, salad, chips and cake for everyone (most people came in from around Florida) that night for dinner. It was great. We got to see everyone, do the rehearsal and not break the bank.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    tazdvl3tazdvl3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm here! LOL. Ok, I spent less than $300 for a rehearsal dinner for 30 people. I was able to rent out my friend's clubhouse for $100. It was real nice, so I didn't decorate a thing. I ordered from Scruby's BBQ and it was $4.50 a person for a quarter chix meal with baked beans, potato salad, bread and butter; $25 for delivery and tax. I'm not sure what area you're in, if there's not a Scruby's there then try Pollo Tropical! It's delicious and they tend to have great deals. The plates and silverware were not included, so I bought a standard color set from the dollar store. GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having issues with our RD right now too. We want to have one but include all OOT guests but if we do it's going to cost a few Thousand dollars and that's not an option.Unfortunately we do not have a house or any place to host a bbq or anything so we're still trying to figure out how to make this work... I hear you on this but agree w/ the girls that it doesn't HAVE to be something fancy, or sit down.You can do cocktail or tapas style too and save $$$ that way as well!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a destination wedding in KW so our RD is actually a welcome reception. We're buying hamburger and hotdogs and sodas at the store and grilling ourselves at my folks rental house. With 60 guests, we don't anticipate it costing more than $4 per person. Laid back, relaxed, and cost-effective...just like our wedding.HTH!
  • Options
    MiamituscaniMiamituscani member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ended up having our rehearsal dinner at home and I think it turned out better going to a restaurant. I purchased most of the food and wine at Bjs and had the rest catered. It turned it a huge party, we had people in our house until 3 am.
  • Options
    alexisrouse00alexisrouse00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a bbq at my house, catered by my family. I have too many aunts that love to cook, so I will have them make the food earlier that day.
  • Options
    muddiliciousmuddilicious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, I couldn't put my mom out and have it at her house, and we wanted it to be open bar with very limited effort on anybody's end.We had it at Monty's in South Beach during their happy hour (1/2 price drinks!!!).For 30 people, it was $900 including salad, meal, and amazing key lime pie, tax and tip and lots of drinks.It was money well spent in terms of convienence, and fun Miami ambiance.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Muddi - Thank you SO much for your recommendation. I love this idea b/c Montys is awesome and their happy hour is outstanding. And two, I'm planning a destination wedding. The last thing we'll have time to do is plan a rehearsal dinner at someone's house while running around and buying alcohol and mixers and stuff. In addition to that, people are out of towners and won't know how to get to my parent's house, etc. We're only coming into town 3 days before the wedding and we'll have plenty to do.Aside from that, we're getting married at Marriot SOBE, which is a 3 minute walk to Montys. Again, thanks so much! Ideally, I'd like to spend much less than that (maybe $500) but I guess you can't get everything you ask for. Thanks- I will look into this or Bongos. How did you set it up - did you call a few weeks prior to make reservations?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards