Honeymoon Discussions
Options

What the heck is possible with a 4,000 budget?

FI and I would LOVE to do something adventurous like Thailand...or once in a lifetime Australia...but I feel like everything I wanna do, plane tickets are so expensive it's out of the question. Our wedding in the first week of August, so hurricane season for most of the carribean (northern at least)...what can we do that will mix nice beach time with adventurous activities on a 4k budget? Help!

Re: What the heck is possible with a 4,000 budget?

• Options
    annmarie714annmarie714 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Quite a bit is available with a $4000 budget.  Check with AAA (free travel advice/booking), or any other travel agent.  At least get started there and see where it takes you.
    Where there is love, there is life.-Ghandi
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    We did 10 days in Ireland for around $4000.00 (Galway, Dublin and Kilkenny).  This was September 2011.  I know it's not beachy but it is something to keep in mind.
    ...and AAA travel is not free.  If they book tickets for you, there is a charge. 
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    If you don't mind flying coach, if you can find tickets to Thailand for around $1000/each, you can have a great trip there for $4000.  There are great hotels there for under $100, you can fly within the country on Asia Air for practically nothing, and food is cheap.
  • Options
    dalm0mdalm0m member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    You could do a nice cruise for $4,000. 

I found flights to Miami from Ohio for about $400 pp.  There were a few cruises where you could get a balcony cabin for about $900 pp; if you book an ocean view or inside cabin you can save even more.  This leaves you a little more than $1,200 for tips, excursions & drinks on board. 

If you do more detailed research you will probably be able to come up with something cheaper. 

Happy planning.
  • Options
    We are planning a HM to Thailand with around a $4,000 budget and so far its been totally do-able! Plus there are so many different things to do (kayak, ride elephants, shop, sight see, etc...) We were looking for some place inexpensive but with a lot of choices & Thailand works great :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Friends of mine just went to Australia for less than that with a Groupon.
  • Options
    If the carribean is out, look at Central America:  Nicaragua, Panama and Costa Rica and all great vacation locations and within your budget.  A ticket to Costa Rica will cost you around $1600 or less.... you can book an all inclusive for a couple of days for less than 3000. 

Or look into Mexico... seems like a lot of brides are going there for their honeymoon.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    jmayincjmayinc member
    First Comment
    Thanks for all the responses and help guys..sorry for the delay in posting back, didn't notice anyone answered =\ I feel a bit more confident, I guess it just seems overwhelming. Thailand seems perfect and I want to go somewhere special that I can't really go to on a normal vacay (even though you can go to thailand)...more like...I can go on a HM to fla, but I can go to fla easily anytime. Im just unsure that 2,000 will be enough for food, lodging, and activities in thailand. I am thinking of doing a HM registry (yea I know some ppl dont like it on here, deal with it lol) that may help us do more. Im not counting on the money, and will have an amazing HM just being in the location, but the HM registry will add on more excursions and things to do. Anybody have any travel help for tips and maybe approximate prices on a HM in Thailand so I can get an idea? Ive seen other posts on here, but not really prices...adunno
  • Options
    jmayincjmayinc member
    First Comment
    @mica178 Where do you find tickets for 1000?!?!
  • Options
    http://www.friendlyplanet.com/vacation-packages/tours.html

this site is great. i believe they buy in bulk so thats why prices are so cheap. they have a nine day trip with flight to thailand for 1439 leaving from la. it includes flight, hotel, all tours and breakfast.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards