Florida-South Florida
Options

POLL: Flowers for Ceremony

How many of you are not using flowers at the ceremony for the alter? Due to my budget I'm not :-/

Re: POLL: Flowers for Ceremony

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am, but if you are getting married in a church I dont think it is needed. I am getting married in a small chapel my venue has, so I need flowers because it looks too plain with out them.
  • Options
    avmn10avmn10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've decided to have one large vase on the alter, and then have it transfered to the reception for the card table.  I originally was going to have something on the pews, but since we will only be in the church for about a half hour, I decided not to to cut costs.  I might do ribbons or something on every other pew for a little bit of a decoration. 
  • Options
    avee10avee10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I most probably wont be getting flowers for the church.  I'm getting married at Coral Gables Congregational and I think the church is beautiful as it is and doesnt really need much more in terms of decorations.  Plus, the ceremony fee includes two large candelabras for the altar, so these should be enough.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we're church twins! :)
  • Options
    PinkShoesGalPinkShoesGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in a church so I'm not having flowers at the alter. Our church has a policy where you have to leave the arrangements so I didn't feel like it was worth the money.
    TTC since May 2011 "Natural" BFP 1/2/2012 with cp 1/5/2012 5/2012: SA and CD 3 bloodwork perfect 6/2012: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN 8/2012: HSG all clear. Clomid TI cycle canceled due to thin lining 9/2012: Lap and Hysteroscopy: mild endo, uterine fibroids and septum, and ovarian cyst all removed
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having altar arrangements, but they will be moved to the reception area. If I was not able to get double use out of them, then I would have cut them out, though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Avee & Ana I'm using CGC as well!! =) I completely forgot that they do include 2 candelabrias! Thanks for reminding me in this case i might not get flowers for the altar just to cut costs and IMHO, the church is beautifull just how it is so I dont want to over-do it. Thanks girls!!
  • Options
    photonbugphotonbug member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not but then again I am getting married in a garden so there is no real need.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    rrive008rrive008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    depending on how my budget looks closer to wedding day, i'll decide whether to leave them or take them out of my flower budget. i reall hate the fact that we have to "donate" the flowers to the church after.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards