• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Honeymoon

Secrets Puerta Vallarta

Has anyone honeymooned/ vacationed there yet?

I know it's new, but it looks amazing. I'm sure they still have some kinks to work out, as any new place does, but I can't get over the way their suites look, their spa, the restaurants etc. FI and I are seriously considering this place for our honeymoon.. would love some feedback if anyone has been there!

Re: Secrets Puerta Vallarta

• I've never been to Secrets Puerta Vallarta--- but I can offer some insight in to experiences we had at Dreams, the family friendly resorts affiliated with Secrets.
    We stayed at Dreams Puerto Vallarta and really enjoyed it.  The grounds were meticulously maintained, food was excellent, room was really nice.  Puerto Vallarta is the cutest town with lots of little shops and restaurants but not near as built up as Cancun or Playa Del Carman.  We went whale watching (I can get you the name of the company we did it through) and did a tour of a small tequilla factory that doesn't use electricity (I have that name as well too- it is on the tequilla bottle we bought there! ;) ).
    The following year we stayed at Dreams La Romano 3 months after it opened.  We had enjoyed DPV so much, we wanted to go to another Dreams but not in Mexico.  Our travel agent was really thorough going over the various Dreams in the Dominican Republic and definitely made us aware that there would be "growing pains" if we chose the newer resort.  In the end after talking with her and weighing her information, we chose La Romano and were very happy with it.  We were upgraded to the Preferred Club having only booked a basic room- a perk since it was new.  It also wasn't very crowded because of the "newness".  In the end, it was cheaper than the other Dreams options in the DR because it was new and had bumps, but any bumps we encountered were overshadowed by the upgrade and service we received because it wasn't packed.

Not exactly a review on Secrets PV- but perhaps it would be a similar experience since it is the same management.  We love our travel agent and she was AWESOME talking us through whether or not we wanted to stay there with it being so new.  If you are looking for a TA or the info on the tours- PM me and I can send it to you.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards