Florida-South Florida
Options

REALLYYYY???

Please tell me if I'm wrong here...Yesterday morning FI's aunt passed away after a long battle with brain cancer. It is the worst way to go in my opinion and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.At the same time, we know Teddy Kennedy also passed away yesterday of the same illness.I check facebook about noon yesterday and I see someone post something along the lines of "I hope good ole Teddy is burning in hell right now". Needless to say I was livid, regardless of what you think about a person they are someone's family and you also never know who could read your stupid comments and be going through a tough time as well.... So I told her off, which I usually don't do especially on facebook but I couldn't control myself. Thoughts like that is was will make you burn in hell!!!MAKES ME SOOOO MADDD!!!Am I wrong to feel this way?Thanks for letting me vent BTW.
Captain Obvious The Thinker milkawhat badge

Re: REALLYYYY???

• Options
    photonbugphotonbug member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think so.  It wasn't really nice of them. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just like they expressed their view you did as well and you had every right.Regardless of people's feelings for Sen Kennedy he was someone's family member one as well. Someone's brother, husband, son, etc and his family is grieving as well.That's so sad for someone to say that. My thoughts are with you too for fi's aunt.::hugs:: to you two and his family.
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have every right to feel the way you do and to say something. This person is obviously an idiot to say something that would offend so many ppl! Sorry you had to encounter that and my condolences to you and your family.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    rrive008rrive008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're not wrong. people are insensitive and speak without thinking. As a die hard liberal and huge admirer of Ted Kennedy those comments offend me beyond belief. I would never ever say such a thing to even those I detest..whichever side of the political spectrum. Normally, I don't respond to comments like that because really, I'm way above that kind of mindset to waste my time or intelligence. Sorry about your FI's aunt's passing. It's always tough but it's better to look at it as, she is now resting free of the suffering.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sorry to hear about your fi's aunt. i don't think you are wrong. the comment was rude and insensitive and you have every right to be upset about it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW that is horrible of that person to post, and yes you have every right to say what you did. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, not wrong at all. 
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As we have learned, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Unfortunately, it hit a soft spot with you because of what you are going through. I hope venting helped though. Prayers to you and FI's family.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    People can be so disgusting. Don't let 'em get to you. You are not wrong to feel this way, though. My condolesences to you and your family.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow! U have every right to think the way u do... wth! People can disagree with each others opinions but I don't understand how anyone take pleasure by someones death!! Wow.... astounding. I'm sorry to hear about u and FIs loss. My condolences. Ignore people with such hatred thoughts. Its not worth your time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is so disgusting that someone would post that. And it's insensitive and rude and I am glad you spoke up! Good vibes and thoughts to you and your fi and his family!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards