Florida-South Florida
Options

Checkkkk.....But...

I finally met with my priest at St. Mark yesterday! So he filled me in on the encounter we have to do coming up...and everything else up to the day that needs to be done.Buuuttttt....There is a wed friday night (the night before mine) which means we're going to have to have our rehersal on thursday night and dinner friday I'm assuming. Is this strange??? Anyone else having to do that?

Re: Checkkkk.....But...

• Options
    rrive008rrive008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my rehearsal is on a thursday too. wedding is on sat. don't know why they do it like that.
  • Options
    PinkShoesGalPinkShoesGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We don't have to but we're choosing to. For me, I want to be able to enjoy myself at my RD and have a drink or two without worrying that I will be out too late and be tired with bags under my eyes on my wedding day. Plus, a lot of restaurants have lower prices for private parties on a weeknight vs. a Friday night. So it may actually work out well for you.
    TTC since May 2011 "Natural" BFP 1/2/2012 with cp 1/5/2012 5/2012: SA and CD 3 bloodwork perfect 6/2012: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN 8/2012: HSG all clear. Clomid TI cycle canceled due to thin lining 9/2012: Lap and Hysteroscopy: mild endo, uterine fibroids and septum, and ovarian cyst all removed
  • Options
    PinkShoesGalPinkShoesGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oops, just re-read your post and see you're still planning on having the dinner Friday night. Disregard what I was rambling about in my other post.
    TTC since May 2011 "Natural" BFP 1/2/2012 with cp 1/5/2012 5/2012: SA and CD 3 bloodwork perfect 6/2012: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN 8/2012: HSG all clear. Clomid TI cycle canceled due to thin lining 9/2012: Lap and Hysteroscopy: mild endo, uterine fibroids and septum, and ovarian cyst all removed
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you spoken to the priest about doing the rehearsal before or after the wedding?  GL!!  This is something I need to call the church and ask about as well.  Thanks for bringing it up!
  • Options
    tylerandremtylerandrem member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours is thursday, probably because I was too lazy to call the church and ask for it Friday, but I am glad... I get to have a good time Thursday night and an "early" night on Friday. I guess our out of town bridal party might have preferred in on Friday...but its MY day! I think its a blessing in disguise for you! HTH! Tyler
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my friend did this because she had more of a welcome party for oot guests. After the actual rehearsal, we all went back to their house and drank. My wedding will be on a Sunday and we are choosing to have the RD on a Friday, mainly because I want to be well rested for the day. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Officiant checks make me happy :)My wedding's on a Sunday, but we're having a Friday rehearsal mainly to retain my sanity (the day before the wedding I am not going to exist for anyoneeee), so it's all cool!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing a Thurs. rehearsal and Thurs. dinner, but really b/c it's my only choice. My bach party is Friday, rest up on Saturday, and then wedding on Sunday. Either way, I think it just depends on the timing of your Thurs. rehearsal and whether or not you are planning a late dinner evening. Unless you think dinner would run super late on Thurs. after the rehearsal and people have to work the next day, I think it may even be more convenient to have it on Thurs. b/c everyone will already be together (of course, this is assuming that only your immediate families and wedding party + sigs are invited). Otherwise, if you have dinner on Friday, I personally wouldn't advise to be out too late, so you can be well rested for the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are doing RD thursday night too... our venue has another event friday night - it works out well too b/c it's cheaper to have a rest on a thursdaynight than friday :) Plus friday night you can relax before the wedding :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards