Florida-South Florida
Options

i feel a tad bit better

So, I was adding up $$ and kinda spatz out when the total cost of the wedding came up (more than double what we orginally planned)since my FI and I are paying for everything. I freaked out..bought some wine, called my planner. She came over right away (cause she is so awesome like that!) So we had some wine and cut down on some things and she said she was going to negotiate some more on others. I feel a little bit better and a lil tipsy now lol. Is there anyone else worried about thier budget?

Re: i feel a tad bit better

• Options
    edited December 2011
    that's awesome of your planner !! I worry about money like, every second? lolol...hang in there, plan early and ahead, don't stress about having every detail - you'll have a gorgeous wedding no matter what!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ohhhhh yes!!! lol Especially after this month. My FI caught pneumonia and had to miss a week and a few days of work and now I caught it and have had to miss all week as well. One might think a week of work wont put you too far back, but when it happends to both of us and you add in all those copays for the crazy meds it puts you more behind then what you really want to be right now. We're trying to see where esle we can cut from and just try to make the best of it but your definetly not alone lol, budgets suck!
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have an awesome planner.  Yes, money stressful!!  I obsess over it, its really sad.  So far I am 15% below my budget according to my spreadsheet, but thats because I have been negotiate everything like a mad woman.  My FI is really embarrassed by my negotiations, but hey you have to save. I'm glad your planner is helping you with negotiating.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah being out of work even for a week sucks! Pneumonia? wow well if you need a nurse I can help..maybe that will help with ur budget haha.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What an awesome planner! I wanna puke when I think about the $$, but believe me, you are doing a good thing by budgeting! My only 2 cents is make sure to leave a little wiggle room. Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL!!! Thanks girl! Yea its been awful but thankfully I havent had any fever since yesturday so slowly but surely I'm getting better =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes I worry about it constantly. Once, I find something I like I immediatly put it in my spreadsheet and let that figure it out. I have had to cut out things I wanted but Im ok with that. Find things  you will be ok without! Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    so you guys are saying I should leave out the part where they throw full stemmed orchaids at me when I walk down the aisle as I crush them when I step on them?? JK! BTW that was in a real wedding my planner threw (which thier budget was close to 1 million!!!!) SERIOUSLY??? what a waste. I should've picked up those flowers and placed them on my centerpieces. That would save me some money.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    your planner rocks! yes, I have a freak out every month about my wedding budget. ughhhhhh
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards