Florida-South Florida
Options

What size?

I told the person that is going to make my floral arrangements that I'd buy the vases.  Because our tables are going to be 72" diameter round tables (sitting up to 12 people per table), I'll need a medium size arrangement.  I want low florals, so what size vase should I need?I was thinking 12" or 14" diameter is a good size, but when I went to the floral supply, the clerk recommended 8" or 10".  What is more appropriate?  I'm afraid of getting them to small because the tables will be so big, but I don't want to get it too big where the table will be too crowded with dinner plates, tealights, etcetera.Suggestions?

Re: What size?

• Options
    muddiliciousmuddilicious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what kind of flowers are you using?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not really sure yet.  The person will be using whatever is in season in November, but I'm sure roses will be included.  I was thinking about a 12" diameter and 5.5" tall cylinder?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I would agree with the ladies.  12" in diameter is really wide.  Well, it is a foot wide.  It would take alot of flowers to fill it out.  Since they are low, you definitely can go wider, but I think that 12" might be just too wide.  Something like this maybe...http://www.jamaligarden.com/apps/catalog/product.asp?pID=22716http://www.jamaligarden.com/apps/catalog/product.asp?pID=18488
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jenise,First, I want to say thanks for taking your time to give me advice.  I appreciate it greatly.Second, what you're saying makes sense, that it would take a lot of flowers to fill out.  You know how CPs should be either tall or short, and not in a middle range height because, otherwise, people wouldn't be able to see each other across the table very well . . ?  You think the 6" tall vase you posted the link too will be just fine?  Is there a reason why you recommend a 6" tall vase vs a 4"-5" tall vase? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you will be good with the smaller size ones - once you add the glasses, silverware, dishes etc... it will eat up some of the room on the table :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, you are more than welcome, my dear.  And no, I didn't really give it too much thought about the specific height, more the diameter.  Depending on the style you end up going with, urns might be perfect for you too.That is sooooo awesome that you found someone at the wholesaler to do your flowers.  I tell you, I also waited to see what they had fresh in stock the Thursday before our wedding, and that was a great, cost effective decision.  I bet you can count on them definitely having: roses, dendrobium orchids, maybe cymbidium orchids, and assorted mini callas. Those seem to come in year round in South FL.  HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, urns or other footed metal bowls . . .  I hadn't thought of that.  I will consider that.  Actually, some of the CPs that I'd seen and liked based on flower color were arranged in urns or other footed metal bowls.  It's definitely a thought.  Thank you again so much.  I appreciate it truly!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards